... From: ayako5523 Date: Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 3:30 PM Subject: [Greentour] Job Opportunity at The International Ecotourism Society To:Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008View Source---------- Forwarded message ----------From: ayako5523 <ayako@...>
Date: Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 3:30 PM
Subject: [Greentour] Job Opportunity at The International Ecotourism Society
Please see below the job announcement and application details for the
Director of Training and Education position at TIES Washington, DC office.
The International Ecotourism Society (TIES) is hiring for the position
of Director of Training and Education to be based in its Washington,
- Manage all aspects of trainings, workshops, distance learning
courses, field and classroom courses, including curriculum development
and identification of potential client needs.
- Manage marketing and sales of TIES publications.
- Manage and market TIES' Experts Bureau, and communicate with TIES
members who want to serve as instructors, consultants, or speakers.
- Coordinate for TIES Board and staff and conduct speaking engagements
to represent TIES
- Oversee publications development, contracts and program updates.
- Initiate and mange regional, domestic and international
collaborations, partnerships and projects for Training and Education
- Manage and develop content based information for TIES conferences
- Manage and oversee the development of the TIES University Consortium
- Solicit and evaluate potential TIES projects and joint initiatives
with other organizations and individuals related to Training and
- In conjunction with Executive Director, develop project proposals
for, and/or respond to requests for proposals from, foundations,
international agencies, and other funders.
- Develop marketing strategies and promotional materials for all
Training and Education programs.
- Oversee collaborations with other academic institutions and develop
new partnerships for promoting courses and innovative partnerships.
- Develop and market webinars and other web-based educational tools to
be distributed through TIES website.
- Manage Training and Education-related sections of TIES website.
- Recruit and supervise Training and Education interns.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Knowledge and working experience within the ecotourism, sustainable
tourism and conservation arena.
- Masters degree or higher, preferably in Sustainable Tourism,
Sustainable Development, or related field.
- At least 2 years professional experience in training (e.g. running
workshops, curriculum development).
- Previous working experience and contacts within internationally
diverse organizations, such as governments, non-profits, multi and
- Previous experience working and living in international contexts.
- Excellent partnership development and management skills.
- Excellent project management, administration and organizational skills.
- Experience with bid and contract development.
- Ability to create, understand and operate within program, grant and
- Strong communication skills and excellent writing and editing abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work
collaboratively and professionally with internal staff and external
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs and web-based research tools.
- Fluency in English.
- A strong sense of humor!
- Work experience in international development and conservation preferred.
- Familiarity in working internationally in the fields of tourism and
conservation, specifically in developing communities.
- Working knowledge of Spanish and/or other language.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software (e.g. Photoshop,
InDesign, Illustrator) or other graphic design software.
- Experience in marketing, sales, public relations or related fields.
- Experience in publication.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education. TIES employees
have a strong benefits package including full health, dental, life
insurance, and paid vacation.
The Director of Education and Training position is open to US citizens
and permanent residents (Green Card holders).
Please submit a cover letter, resume, relevant samples of work,
writing and/or marketing materials, and three references with contact
information by email only. No phone calls or follow-up emails please:
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The International Ecotourism Society
Closing date: October 24th, 2008. Please note applications will be
reviewed on a rolling basis and upon submission. The anticipated
starting date for this position is early to mid- November 2008.