*Apologies for cross-postings* [cid:950540214@19042012-0D19] Dear colleagues, The International Centre for Tourism and Hospitality Research (ICTHR),Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2012View Source
Message*Apologies for cross-postings*
The International Centre for Tourism and Hospitality Research (ICTHR), Bournemouth University, is pleased to announce this important conference with an aim to debate the broader conceptual ideas and contested relationships between climate change, sustainability and tourism as well as to examine worldwide responses and exchange cutting-edge research.
- This conference will feature keynotes from high-level policy makers from international agencies including UNWTO, UNESCO, UNEP, European Commission and leading research institutions.
- This tourism conference is expected to be crucial for researchers interested in Green Economy and Sustainability aspects as it will follow the Rio+20 UN Summit.
Academic researchers and staff working for public agencies interested in presenting papers at the conference are welcome to submit their extended abstracts on/before 30 April 2012.
For Abstract Submission Guidelines and Travel Information, please visit the conference website: www.bournemouth.ac.uk/climatechange2012
Themes for abstracts:
Advancements in sustainable tourism; climate change and sustainability - common ground; green economy; ecosystem services; indicators and planning; small island developing states; sea-level rise; natural disasters; protected areas and heritage conservation; road transport and aviation; hospitality and green issues; greenhouse gases; climate change adaptation; climate change mitigation; emerging techniques; and future research implications.
- Mr Luigi Cabrini, Director UNWTO Sustainable Tourism
- Dr Ishwaran Natarajan, Director UNESCO Division for Ecological Sciences
- Dr Richard Butler, Emeritus Professor, University of Strathclyde
- Dr Stephan Harrison, University of Exeter & Oxford University
- Ms Deirdre Shurland, UNEP DTIE, Global Partnership for Sustainable Tourism
- Representative from the Tourism Unit European Commission, Brussels
- Panel Discussion: policy agencies and key industry players (including UNWTO, UNEP, TUI Travel and British Airways)
After the conference, full papers will be considered for publication as a special issue in the ‘Tourism Management Perspectives’ journal. In addition, the organisers intend to edit a new book on ‘Tourism in the Green Economy’. More details to be circulated during the conference. We are also pleased to inform that some of the leading publishers will be present throughout the duration of the conference to meet with delegates and discuss future publishing opportunities.
We look forward to welcoming you to Bournemouth in September!!
-Vijay & Keith
---------------Dr. Maharaj Vijay Reddy.R,BA, MTA, PhD (Exon), FRGS,Senior Lecturer,School of Tourism,Bournemouth University,Talbot Campus, Poole. BH12 5BB.Dorset. United Kingdom.Email: mvreddy@...Tel: +44(0) 1202 961520Fax: +44(0) 1202 515707
Forthcoming book: Tourism, Climate Change and Sustainability (Aug 2012) http://routledge-ny.com/books/details/9781849714228/
International conference 2012 on ‘Tourism, Climate Change and Sustainability’: www.bournemouth.ac.uk/climatechange2012
This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its subsidiary companies via email.