What is a Retro-Direct drive you ask? It is a chain transmission that gives 2 speeds without any derailleurs, shifters or cables, simply by pedalling forward in one gear, and backward in the other. Yes that's right, you can move a Retro-Direct bike forward by pedalling backward. Here is a nice description of the original system: the Hirondelle bike.
Bicycle enthusiasts have been converting their bicycles to Retro-Direct, for fun and for a novel cycling experience. The conversion is quite easy and cheap. Come and join us, and try it out yourself!
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.