This is a supplement to Peter's previous post about VETO 2004 and
expands on the details of the mirror in Toronto.
U of T Trivia Club's 2nd Annual VETO Escapes to Toronto Ontario
(VETO) will be held on Saturday, July 17, 2004 at the University of
Toronto, St. George Campus, Downtown Toronto, Ontario from 9am to
Since the university is very strict about room bookings (we were
able to book 3 rooms), the number of teams is limited to eight (8).
The tourney will take place at Hart House near Queen's Park.
As before, the title of Nerd Of The East (NOTE) will be presented to
the tournament's leading scorer. Players are encouraged to sponsor a
prize of their own.
For those coming from out of town, Toronto is easily accessible by
airplane, train, bus, and car. There is plenty of affordable
accommodation located in the downtown core near the university
within walking distance (or you can take the subway).
For a map of the St. George Campus please visit:
or view it on MapQuest (you may need to copy and paste this link) :^)
If you wanna look around T.O. before and/or after VETO, there are
other events to enjoy while in Toronto around July 17th:
- Art Gallery of Ontario featuring paintings by Turner, Whistler &
Monet (June 12 - Sept. 12). Visit http://www.ago.net
- Caribana (July 18 - Aug. 4). Visit http://www.caribana.com
- Cisco Systems Toronto Bluesfest 2004 (July 16 - 25). Visit
- Beaches International Jazz Festival (July 16 - 25). Visit
Toronto Concerts around July 17th (visit http://www.ticketmaster.ca
- Sting (with very special guest Annie Lennox) @ Air Canada Centre
- Nelly Furtado with Shaye @ The Molson Amphitheatre (July 15)
- Jewel @ Massey Hall (July 17)
- An Evening with Rod Stewart @ The Molson Amphitheatre (July 17)
- Madonna @ Air Canada Centre (July 18, 19, 21)
Details concerning eligibility, format, question packets and the
unique Trans-Canada Championship match can be found in Peter's
For further information, please contact Rico at rcatibog@...
Hope to see you here!!!