plontch_descendants is a discussion group for
descendants of Jews who lived in or near the Jewish
Shtetl (town) of Plontch (Polaniec), which was located
in Kielce Gubernia, in South-Eastern Poland.
Plontch is a small town in the South-Eastern region of Poland.
“Plontch” (or "Planch") is the way the name of the town was
pronounced in Yiddish by its Jewish population.
In Poland today, the town is known as Polaniec.
According to some estimates, there was a Jewish presence
in the town since the 14th Century.
Jewish life in Plontch ended on October 18, 1942 with the Nazi
evacuation of the town.
For more information about the town, please visit www.plontch.net
- New Members
- New Message
- New Photos
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.