Jacob W. Michaels wrote: What I will criticize them for is the pre-game. They weren t talking over the Patriots introductions at the startMessage 1 of 35 , Oct 31, 2005View Source"Jacob W. Michaels" <wicked@...> wrote:
What I will
criticize them for is the pre-game. They weren't talking over the Patriots
introductions at the start and you could tell they were waiting so fans
could hear the reaction to Bruschi. Except after two linebackers, they cut
to Maguire and Kolber, who talked right over it. I was pissed, as I wanted
to hear the fans when Tedy's name was announced.
***** (Rant mode ON) TV coverage on all networks is pissing me off more each season! We've had a lot of discussion about this in the past, so I won't rehash all the details. But the combination of their network promos, pre-recorded interview pieces, obsession with pre-set seasonal or career graphics, and excessive use of replay for "routine" plays, leaves the game as a patchwork quilt of plays. They totally interupt the flow of the game, and, as we saw often last night, often run their sidebar crap right over critical plays!
***** They are so damn self-serving that it's pathetic. Is there anybody who doesn't share my belief that at least 75% of the fans watching these games would want to cut back on that crap by at least half to focus on the damn game being played on the field?!
Good column as usual. I had heard good things about him from Rams articles, so I wasn t down on him. I think that Brady will get things going with the newMessage 35 of 35 , Sep 11View Source
Good column as usual.
I had heard good things about him from Rams’ articles, so I wasn’t down on him.
I think that Brady will get things going with the new offense…after all you only need to win by one point.
Watched some of the Dallas/NY game and you should put that under “SWEET”, seeing the Giants have 6 turnovers.
- How many of you were cursing Amondola when he went out in the 2nd quarter with the tweaked groin? How many of you are now singing his praises? He made some tremendous catches throughout the game and none bigger than the 2 first downs in the last drive. He was quick in and out of breaks and seemed to be on the same page as Brady all day. He is able to make the play in traffic as well as in space.
- Nice to see Edelman show his stuff. He could become a Welker-lite player for us. Fast and quick. Love his ability in the punt game.
- The D was tremendous all game. We only allowed 150 passing yards and limited Spiller to pedestrian numbers. The best was the 4 for 13 on 3rd down conversions, allowing the O enough chances to win the game. Only allowing 15 first downs also contributed.
- Vereen stepped in and played a hell of a game. He really picked up the slack in the run game. 101 on only 14 carries was impressive but the final run when he swept outside, scooted up the sideline for 15 and stayed in bounds to run out the clock.
- The final drive was textbook. Brady was 7 for 7 in getting us into field goal range while eating up all of the 4:30 on the clock. Big 3rd down completions and smart play calling.
- Kyle Arrington forces 2 fumbles and plays great defense throughout the game from the slot.
- A couple of dumb penalties could have cost us against a better opponent.
- Ridley has to cure this fumbling thing. We need him to be part of our run game. He is too good a player to be stuck in BB’s doghouse. Something has to be done.
- Tompkins was not as bad as Dierdork made him out to be. On the sideline pass, he caught the ball and got 1 foot down but was being pushed by the defender so he landed out of bounds. Similar thing happened in the end zone. He will learn over the year and get better with time. There was the slow cut in the end zone and he seemed to round off some of his routes more than normal. This can be corrected with experience.
- How does Brady fumble the ball at the 1. Everyone knew he was going to sneak it and he bumbled the ball. That play could have cost us.
- Vereen breaks his wrist after a great game and is out for 8 weeks. He was our Woodhead replacement and now we need a new option. Bolden needs to get healthy quickly.
- Sudfeld was a big disappointment. We need to get the TEs involved. We can’t wait for Gronk.
- Mister uncoverable had only 3 catches for 39 yards. Yes, he had a TD but he also dropped a huge 3rd down pass when it hit him in the hands. Could have iced the game for Buffalo.
- The refs screwed up another one. SF vs. GB. Kaepernick was going out of bounds when Matthews hits him late. Staley comes in and both receive offsetting penalties. Should have been dead ball penalties brining up 4th down. Refs called to replay the down. SF scores and the 4 point swing is the difference in the game.
- TB blew it against the Jets. With the ball at mid field, Gino Smith is going out of bounds. Instead of letting him go to set up the hail Mary, they push him, get the 15 yard penalty and putting the Jets in FG range with 5 seconds to go. Stupid.
- Anyone watch the Giants and Boys? 7 total turnovers, 6 by NY?
- Jacksonville, at one point, had a 2-0 lead. At the end of the game, they lost after giving up 28 unanswered.
- 4 games had safeties to start the scoring. You barely see 3 safeties in a year across the league, never mind on opening day in the first quarter.
- N-dumb-icon Suh has yet another dirty play. Hits the center in the knees from the side on an interception return when there was no chance of the center making the play. Something has to be done with this moron.