Greetings in Christ, The following new items were added today to the Orthodox Christian Information Center Web site: * A Hermenueutic of the Old TestamentMessage 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2009View SourceGreetings in Christ,
The following new items were added today to the Orthodox Christian Information Center Web site:
- A Hermenueutic of the Old Testament (MP3), Three Audio Lectures by Archpriest Joseph Hirsch. A superb set of talks on the Orthodox principles of interpretation of the Old Testament.
- Spiritual Study, By Elder Paisios the Athonite (+1994). An Excerpt from Spiritual Awakening.
- Connecticut's 5th Century Church, By John Gallager. A fascinating article about Orthodox Christians in North America over 1500 years ago. From Ancient American, Issue #54.
- A Lenten Commentary on Humor, Laughter, and Frivolity, By Archbishop Chrysostomos of Etna.
- The Person of the Theotokos in Protestant Theology, By Presbyter Basileios A. Georgopoulos, Th.D.
- Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television, by George Karras. This is a summary of the classic book by Jerry Mander.
- Photos of the Holy Monastery of the Theotokos, the Life-Giving Spring. See also the new pictures in the photo album for Saint Anthony the Great Monastery, especially those of the recently built Chapel of the Holy Prophet Elias.
Asking for your prayers,
September 4/18, The Holy Prophet Zacharias, Father of the Venerable Forerunner. * The Unity of the Church and the World Conference of Christian CommunitiesMessage 2 of 2 , Sep 18, 2009View Source
September 4/18, The Holy Prophet Zacharias, Father of the Venerable Forerunner.
- The Unity of the Church and the World Conference of Christian Communities [MP3 Audio Book], By Saint Hilarion (Troitsky). Read by Patrick Barnes. This is the first audio book offered by the Orthodox Christian Information Center. Please send your feedback!
- Heresy vs. Truth: A Response to Dr. Peter Bouteneff [PDF and MP3], By Patrick Barnes. This is my response to Dr. Bouteneff's two-part Ancient Faith Radio podcast episode on ecumenism. This is the first time I have offered an article in both audio and text formats. I did an audio version because I am replying to Dr. Bouteneff's audio comments. I am also considering a podcast series for OrthodoxInfo.