1. Please come and join us at the Panel for Educational Policy to speak out against the 20+ school closures on the agenda tonight. When: Wed., Feb. 9, atMessage 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2012View Source
1. Please come and join us at the Panel for Educational Policy to speak out against the 20+ school closures on the agenda tonight.
When: Wed., Feb. 9, at 5:30 PM
Where: Brooklyn Tech, 29 Fort Greene Place, Brooklyn; map here: http://g.co/maps/u9hqr
2. For those following at home, the meeting at Brooklyn Tech will be livestreamed here- http://goo.gl/wZJFb
3. For our comments on the proposed school closures to be voted on tonight, you can check out our blog at
4. A new Quinnipiac poll came out yesterday, showing that only 26% of New Yorkers approve of the way Bloomberg is handling our schools; 61% disapprove. 57% think he has failed to improve our schools, and only 13% think the next mayor should retain mayoral control. The mayor blamed his poor showing on the ads the UFT has been running and said that if he bought up enough ad time, he could reverse the results.
I have added a poll to the right hand side of our parent blog; do you think the mayor’s handling of our schools has been successful? Do you think that the mayor should retain control over our schools? Please answer the questions now at http://nycpublicschoolparents.blogspot.com/
For some other headlines on the blog, see below:
Thanks, and hope to see you tonight in Brooklyn!
Class Size Matters
124 Waverly Pl.
New York, NY 10011
Follow me on twitter @leoniehaimson
Make a tax-deductible contribution to Class Size Matters now!
Subscribe to Class Size Matters news by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to NYC education news by emailing email@example.com