We're pleased to announce the release of NoteTab 5.8 (all versions).
NoteTab Light is free as usual, and the retail versions are free for
registered users of version 5.
You'll find the update link in NoteTab's "Check for Updates" feature,
which is available from the Help menu. If you don't see the version 5.8
info in the News and Updates window, click on the "Get headlines" button
at the top-left of the screen to refresh the list.
Not a customer yet? Depending on your location, you can get a NoteTab
Pro or Std license at no cost through TrialPay. For more information,
click on the corresponding NoteTab license below:
Improvements since previous update:
* Updated the regular expressions engine to the latest release, which is
based on PCRE 7.8.
* Added the /Close and /Exit command-line switches. Use either one to
close a running instance of NoteTab.
* Fixed an issue that under specific conditions when searching through
all open documents can cause an Outline document to lose all its topics
except the current one.
* Fixed a display issue when minimizing/restoring NoteTab while the Find
or Replace dialog is open.
* Fixed issues with the "Go to Hyperlink" feature.
* Fixed an issue with the ^$GetReSubStrings$ function, which failed to
return a captured substring when only one subpattern was defined in the
* Some other minor improvements and issues fixed.
* Redesigned Web site.