Can t wait for this new package :D For those that have successfully ported Enhanced CTorrent, have you also been successful with the Control Server?Message 1 of 56 , May 2, 2006View SourceCan't wait for this new package :D
For those that have successfully ported Enhanced CTorrent, have you
also been successful with the Control Server?
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "Fernando Carolo" <carolo@...> wrote:
> --- In email@example.com, "Rod Whitby"
> <list.nslu2-linux@> wrote:
> > Is this new package based on a completely different upstream package
> than the current ctorrent, or is it just a later version of the same
> package? That's the basis on which a decision on package naming
> should be made.
> The new package is based on Enhanced CTorrent version "dnh2"
> (http://www.rahul.net/dholmes/ctorrent/), a heavily modified version
> of the original CTorrent (http://ctorrent.sourceforge.net). Although
> it is based on the original CTorrent 1.3.4 code, there were many
> changes to the original code and I do not believe that it should be
> handled simply as a new version of the original package (you can check
> the change log at
> http://www.rahul.net/dholmes/ctorrent/changelog.html). In this case, I
> would like to name the new package "enhanced-ctorrent", so it is
> clearly distinguished from the original one.
> > As for the executable name, it should be named the same as the
> original package. If that conflicts with an existing package, then
> you must use the alternatives system on both packages to resolve the
> Ok, the alternatives system is the way to go here, keeping the same
> file names used in both upstream packages. In this case, the current
> CTorrent package (ctorrent-1.3.4-2) does not use the alternative
> system, so I guess I also need to update this package, changing the
> makefile and adding a postinst script. Does anybody know if adding the
> alternative system will somehow cause trouble for users of the current
> version if they try to install enhanced-ctorrent before upgrading the
> original CTorrent?
I would like to do it, but I am doing some other tests with my slug that involve Unslung, so I don t have a test platform for OpenSlug right now. I plan to buyMessage 56 of 56 , Jul 21, 2006View SourceI would like to do it, but I am doing some other tests with my slug
that involve Unslung, so I don't have a test platform for OpenSlug
right now. I plan to buy a second one soon, but not before I have a
chance to travel to the US.
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "fbznaib" <couldbe@...> wrote:
> Any chance of getting it moved into the OpenSlug stream?