Google Scholarship Deadline: June 15, 2009 AISES Google Scholarship ... The AISES Google Scholarship will fund scholarships to American Indian, Alaska NativeMessage 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2009View SourceGoogle Scholarship
Deadline: June 15, 2009
AISES Google Scholarship
The AISES Google Scholarship will fund scholarships to American Indian, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian AISES members pursuing degrees in the computer science and computer engineering fields. AISES and Google support the advancement of American Indian and Alaska Native students working towards obtaining a degree in the fields computer science and technology so they can obtain the necessary skills to compete in today's global society.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA - Applicants MUST meet all of the following criteria:
1. Must have a 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher cumulative grade point average (GPA).
2. Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited four-year college or in their second year at a two-year college leading to a four-year degree. Students at a two-year college must demonstrate a transition plan to a four-year college/university.
3. Majoring in one of the following college disciplines at a accredited 4-year college or university:
ï¿½ Computer Engineering
*Other majors will be considered if the applicant demonstrates a strong academic course of study that includes a high volume of computer science courses and/or computer science related research.
4. Must be a member of an American Indian tribe, Alaska Native or Native Hawaiian or otherwise considered to be an American Indian by the tribe with which affiliation is claimed; or is at least 1/4 American Indian blood; or is at least 1/4 Alaskan Native; or considered to be an Alaskan Native by an Alaskan Native group to which affiliation is claimed.
5. Must be a member of AISES. To obtain an AISES membership go to http://www.aises.org/membership/
AISES | P.O. Box 9828 | Albuquerque | NM | 87119-9828