PDB, the single international repository for the processing and distribution
of 3-D macromolecular structure data primarily determined experimentally by
X-ray crystallography and NMR. (Protein data bank)
PDB NEWS DISTRIBUTION ADVISORY
The PDB proposes to make the following changes in the way they disseminate
information to the community with the goal of being more timely and cutting
production costs.- New developments will be posted to the PDB Web site at
on a weekly basis.
- These announcements will be accessible in chronological order going back
to the last newsletter (a maximum of 3 months).
- On a quarterly basis these and other relevant information will be
collated into a quarterly Newsletter.
- The Newsletter will be available on the Web in the form it is now
. Links to back
Newsletters will appear with the chronological list of recent news.
- As is the case at present, a text version will be distributed to those
who have subscribed to the Newsletter mailing list.
- There will no longer be a printed version of the Newsletter distributed
via standard mail.
- The PDB will produce an annual report. The annual report will be made
available on the web in PDF format and in printed form.
- Other services, for example, the pdb-l list will not change.
PDB users are requested to review this proposal and the ensuing discussion
in the listserver archives (http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/lists/pdb-l/)
John Badger for the RCSB PDB
Gina "Nanogirl" Miller
Get the Nanotechnology Industries newsletter at:
Personal website: http://www.homestead.com/nanotechind/nothingatall.html
"Nanotechnology: solutions for the future."