Hi Dug well that sounds cool. many thanks for posting this and letting me know. from Mich. ... From: Doug Kane To: email@example.com Sent: Monday, AprilMessage 1 of 5 , Apr 29View SourceHi Dug well that sounds cool. many thanks for posting this and letting me know. from Mich.----- Original Message -----From: Doug KaneSent: Monday, April 29, 2013 7:08 PMSubject: Re: [mythsoc] what things do you think will be in the extended eddition? of the hobbet?Hi Mich,> Hi all. at a running time of 169 mins I wonder how mutch more they can add in to the extended eddition of the hobbet that wasn't covered in the non extended version. thoughts? from Mich.Peter Jackson has already stated that the extended edition will be approximately 20-25 minutes long. Here is a list that a poster at theonering.net put together of scenes that were included in the vlogs but not in the theatrical edition, which are likely to be among that included in the extended edition (including some links to screencaps of those scenes) NEEDLESS TO SAY, DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE AVOIDING SPOILERS:.......................- Gandalf meeting a young Bilbo at the Old Took's party (confirmed by McKellen to be in the extended cut). [also confirmed in the Weta design book]
- Bilbo at the market buying groceries while trying to hide from Gandalf and the Sackville-Bagginses (confirmed by Jackson to be in the extended cut):
- More of Thror fighting at the battle of Azanulbizar (told to me by Jeffrey Thomas' stunt double).
- More fighting with the trolls (Bombur being kicked back and Bifur's axe getting stuck in a troll leg):
- Fili and Thorin hiding behind a rock:
- Company running through a forest:
- Food fight in Rivendell (briefly seen in the first trailer and mentioned in interviews):
- Bofur singing "There is an Inn, A Merry Old Inn" (mentioned by Nesbitt).
- Dwarves annoying the elves (confirmed by Jackson to be in the extended cut).
- Bilbo walking around in Rivendell:
- Bilbo and Narsil:
- Bilbo and Elrond talking on a balcony:
- More of the Goblin King and the goblin scribe (confirmed to be in the extended cut by Jackson and Boyens).
- Something moving towards Bilbo (crack or goblins?):
- More of goblin town escape:
- A scene between Bilbo and Gandalf after goblin town (shown at Comic Con). It went something like:
Bilbo: I found something in the caves.
Gandalf (suspicious look): Oh, what did you find?
Bilbo (fiddling with the ring in his pocket): I found courage.~ Doug