In addition to the museum room renovations, we also make progress with
some computer restorations
1) Bob Grieb has reported progress with the MARCH SWTPc 6800, SWTPc
terminal and cassette interface. I assume he'll let us know how it's
going in more detail soon. He is working on this unit at his home.
2) Using the the MARCH Altair 8800 as a control unit, Bob Grieb and
Dan Ragonti did some comparative diagnostics on my Altair 8800. It
was productive to have two Altair 8800s to work on at the same time.
I took a lot of notes and will post them on my web site soon. Dan
ended up taking my Altair home with him for further study/fun. The
next day Nick (donated the MARCH Altair), me, and Dan a terminal
working with the MARCH Altair. (I brought a Teleray terminal for
testing) The MARCH Altair has CUTTER and the Subsystem B card from
Processor Tech. To-do - get a terminal for the MARCH Altair.
3) We have about 6 Apple ][e / Plus computers. We were able to get at
least one complete working system. To-do - test all Apple ]['s plus
the Apple //c, and //GS
4) The original version IBM PC 5150 - After taking apart the system I
determined that there was at least one bad RAM chip in bank 1. It's a
64K Unit with an additional 64K RAM card - 128K. This 5150 is the
first version with the black power supply, very rare. I hope to fully
restore before September. Note - we have the original boxes, monitor
and keyboard, DOS 1.1, etc. Very nice.
5) DEC - No work done other than take a peek at everything.
6) Other stuff - Waiting for future...