OK. So far it s Herb Jeff Brace (arrives in Sat eve) 50/50 Cory (one or two day) Maybe Jon Chapman, maybe Dave McGuire. Bill ... This would be the fourth orMessage 1 of 91 , Sep 4, 2012View SourceOK.
So far it's
Jeff Brace (arrives in Sat eve)
50/50 Cory (one or two day)
Maybe Jon Chapman, maybe Dave McGuire.
-------- Original Message --------
> From: "Dave McGuire" <Mcguire@...>This would be the fourth or fifth such event at my home.
> Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 2:44 AM
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Workshop oct 27/28
> I'm up for it if I'm in town. (may not be at this point, don't know yet)
> On 09/03/2012 05:23 PM, B Degnan wrote:
> > Any takers Oct 27-28 workshop landenberg, pa? So far it's me and Herb.
> >pdp11/40 pwr supply repair or replace my two altair 8800s and altair disk
> > Although I often change my mind, at the moment I plan to either finish
drives' power supply caps. Corey inspired me to do the Altiar repair given
he got one in progress too. Anyway I already bought the caps.
> >they need to support their work.
> > I don't care what others want to work on as long as I they bring what
> >house and do your homework so you know what to bring tools and parts-wise.
> > My guidelines are: clean your hardware before you bring it into the
> >commodore, terminals, byte mags.
> > You can sleep on the floor/bring an air mattress or sleeping bag.
> > I will likely have stuff for sale/trade such as but not limited to
> > rsvp
> > Bill
> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
> New Kensington, PA
> Yahoo! Groups Links
Jeff J. and I again spent the day at InfoAge. - We bought four more shelving units and more boxes. We put all of the library and for-sale books into boxes. TheMessage 91 of 91 , Nov 30View SourceJeff J. and I again spent the day at InfoAge.
- We bought four more shelving units and more boxes. We put all of the library and for-sale books into boxes. The for-sale books are only about 75% organized but that is good enough for now, because you guys will probably tear through them at Festivus anyhow. :)
- We really, really, really want to move as many books at Festivua as possible -- so exclusively for MARCHins the price will be 50 cents per book, $1 minimum, rounded down if you buy an odd number of books. (At the VCF we will return to $1/pound.)
- We had a visitor for Rutgers' Laboratory for Computer Science. He enjoyed the comprehensive tour and promised to return with students.
- While I played tour guide, Jeff did warehouse stuff including the very undesirable task of sweeping floors. We have plenty of more dust to (ahem) "organize" but we had to start somewhere.
- We went to Home Depot and bought 10 tarps of 10x25 ft. each. We covered nearly everything in our warehouse becauase the tarp above the roof was mostly blown off in last week's storm. There are only one or two small leaks on the side of the building where our stuff sits, so the tarps are just a preventive measure. The bad leaks are on the empty side of the building.
- But there is good news! Fred told me the town council will consider the new roofing bids at their December 11 meeting. If things go the normal way, then they'll accept one of the bids, sign a contract with the winner, and work can begin.
- We also spent some time playing artifact Tetris with the 10% of our storage area that remains unsorted and/or on pallets. We sorted some of it and created an aisle, so now it's easier and safer to reach the rest.