VCF East is growing, so I booked a private room this year for our
Saturday night dinner.
The location is "Connolly Station Restaurant and Tavern" at 711 Main
St., Belmar, 07720 -- it's easy to find, affordable, and they have a
good menu. The person who took our reservation assured me there's plenty
of parking (plus a town lot across the street) and that our resident
vegetarian will find something he likes (hi Sridhar!) -- they're cool
with letting us order from the main menu (many places wanted a special
group menu with just a few choices), doing separate checks, and they're
not even charging us a premium for the room itself. That's good news
considering the evening is also Cinco de Mayo -- a very popular holiday
for the local bars.
Justin: Disregard the email I sent about how it's your job to find us a
restaurant this year -- or if you found someplace already then let me
The restaurant is 3.4 miles from InfoAge. This year I'll print
directions and hand them out at the end of the day Saturday. But for
those who can't wait:
- Turn left out of the InfoAge parking lot
- First right onto Brighton Ave.
- Go 0.4 miles, turn right onto Lakewood Rd.
- Go 1.3 miles, turn right onto West Sylvania Ave.
- Take second left onto Neptune Ave.
- Take third right onto 6th Ave.
- Go 0.9 miles, turn left onto Main St. (Rt. 71)
- Connolly Station is 0.1 mile on the left
For you GPS geeks, that's +40.20465, -74.01738, or (for pocketwatch
geeks) +40° 12' 16.93", -74° 1' 2.20".
As for Friday night, at some point we'll all just hit a local diner, and
we'll leave a detailed "gone fishin'" sign at InfoAge for any stragglers.