CI Member Conduct Guidelines
In order to provide open and free communication among all CI members while
maintaining the civility that is necessary to an intelligent and meaningful
exchange of ideas, CI hereby implements the following rules of conduct and
system of progressive discipline pertaining to all communications on said
web sites, groups, or other forums hosted by CI:
(1) Members shall communicate on such venues in a respectful manner and
shall refrain from threats of any variety, profanity, or other vulgar or
hateful content, as well as discussion of matters which are not specifically
related to the science of cryonics or the operation of CI. Members will not
use the private e-mail addresses of other members to engage in such
prohibited conduct, unless such conduct has been specifically agreed to in
advance by the recipient.
(2) The 1st violation of the foregoing standards of conduct may be a verbal
(3) The 2nd violation may result in a ban from all CI groups, precluding the
offender access to posting or reading the posts of others for 6 months.
(4) The 3rd violation may result in the type of ban identified in 3, above,
for a period of 1 year.
(5) The 4th violation may result in the ban identified in 3, above, for 3
years, and shall require a simple majority vote of a quorum of the Board of
(6) The 5th violation may result in a complete ban from any participation
from all CI forums for life,and shall require a simple majority vote of a
quorum of the Board of Directors.
(7) A 6th may be grounds for consideration of revocation of CI membership.
Revocation of CI membership may only occur upon a vote in favor of such
revocation by a of a two-thirds majority of the entire CI Board of
Directors, as would the reversal of any such prior ban.
(8) Sanctions from a verbal warning through a 1 year ban may be imposed
without prior Board approval by any of CI's designated moderators,
directors, or legal advisors and the reasons therefore shall be communicated
to the Board by the individual issuing the sanctions.
Sincerely, John de Rivaz: http://John.deRivaz.com