British Council is currently seeking applications for the Chevening Scholarship program from young eligible and outstanding professionals in select countries viz. , , , , South , , and who are already experienced in their chosen profession and would like to further develop their career with a postgraduate course in the UK.
The Chevening Scholarship Program is a prestigious awards scheme that international postgraduate students who want to study in the UK for one academic year.
Funded by the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office and administered by the British Council, the scheme operates in over 150 countries and annually provides for over 2,300 scholars.
Fields of Study
Economics, Finance, Banking, Law, Human rights, Public administration, Management, Project planning, Media, Political science, International relations, Diplomatic , Environmental studies
Although applicants for other courses (as varied as counter-terrorism, religion and energy/climate change) may be considered. You are expected to show a commitment to return to your country, where you will contribute to the country’s socio- development using the new skills and knowledge acquired during your stay in the UK.Eligibility
You can for a Chevening if:
- You are a postgraduate student who can prove your academic success and who has already begun a career in your chosen field.
- You have between two and five years working experience (depending on the country you are applying in), with an excellent track record illustrating your achievements and your potential to use the skills gained during your scholarship to make a difference in your country.
- You have achieved an excellent mark for you undergraduate degree and can provide a transcript of your academic record. Specific academic requirements are available from the British Council offices in your country.
- You are 21 years or older (there are upper age limits for specific countries so please ensure you check this during your applications process).
- You are a resident in your country when you apply and provide your birth certificate (with translation).
- You must have good English language skills (most UK Higher Education institutions require a minimum IELTS of 6.5 for admission into postgraduate courses).
Applications are only open at certain times of the year and differ per country.
For more information, visit this link