I would have to say, I love Hepburn as well. She is probably my
favorite actress. Not that I think all of her performances were
great, but I believe she has had more great performances than any
other single actress. Among my favorites:
1. "Alice Adams" (I will agree "Morning Glory" is cloying.)
2. "Stage Door" (I know alot of people pan this movie and it is a
bit of a bargain basement "The Women" but I find it very entertaining
and her more mature than she had been prevously.)
3. "Philladelpha Story"
4. "Woman of the Year"
5. "Adam's Rib" (In my opinion the BEST Hepburn Tracy pairing.)
6. "Summertime" (Few of her contemporaries would have played the
role at all--loved starved spinster---none as subtly as Kate.)
7. "Suddenly Last Summer" (Oddly enough Hepburn hated her
performance in this one. I thought she was unexpectedly excellent)
8 "Long Day's Journey"
9. "Lion in Winter" (I know critics and film fans have always
been torn on this one, Wanda Hale and Judith Crist loved it Pauleen
Kael hated it. I just find it riveting.)
10. "Glass Managere" (Considering the quality of TV movies of
the period this one is excellent.
I also have to say her later TV stuff, (ie Mrs. Delefield and the one
with Ryan O'neil. Not very challanging dramatically but generally
Her worst vehicle in my opinion "Laura Lansing Slept Here" would
have been better for Debbie Reynolds.