Kaye s Quilting Friends Newsletter Hi Quilters, Our latest seminar in Michigan was a hit. And, it seems you all want to know more about the Starmakers. Well,Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2009View Source
New Sale....Starmaker 6 Master Template - 20% off....
The Starmaker® 6 will make perfect 6-pointed stars, that's what the 6 means. But, it is also a master template for many quilt patterns, triangles and wedges, Log Cabin diamonds, 12 piece circles, Dresden Plates and stars.
Plus if you mention this ad when you buy your Starmaker 6, we'll give you an additional 20% off of any other Starmaker 6 Book, or Pattern.
New On Our Site....2 New Patterns from Purse-O-Nalities!Charming Little from Purse-O-Nalities
Versatility is what it's all about. "Charming Little" can play so many roles - carry it as a clutch, wristlet, or shoulder bag. This petite cutie has so many possibilities. It's perfect for strip-piecing, quilting, machine embroidery, or just plain and casual. There's an ID/credit card holder kept secure under the front closure flap and a convenient and easy-to-apply zipper pocket on back. There's even another pocket(s) inside for more organization. (8.5" W x 5" H x 1.5" D)Money Bags!
"Money Bags" is so very versatile! First, carry it as a tri-fold wallet complete with ID/credit card holders, a secure back zipper pocket, and its own matching checkbook cover. Add a short strap and you have a fashionable little wristlet. Or, add a longer strap and you'll be able to carry over your shoulder or across your body. Now, we're talking! Hands-free and everything right at your fingertips - it just doesn't get better! (Folded - 8.25" W x 4.25" H)
Find out what all the fuss is about!
- Oklahoma City, OK, (short seminar) Jan 13-16, 2010, register here (seminars on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and a special "It Funny To Be Famous" talk on Sunday.
- Denver, CO, (short seminar) Feb 4-6, 2010, register here
- Puyallup, WA, (short seminar) Feb 25, 2010, register at www.sewexpo.com
- Loveland, CO, (short seminar), Aug 20-22, register here
- Chautauqua, NY, (day long seminar) Sept 24-26, 2010, register here
Go here to
Download Our Catalog:
Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere!
Convenient shopping day or night.
Everyone Loves a Treasure Hunt....
Join the Mystery Quilt Treasure Hunt 2009
Click on the little guy to your left to start....What's with the little guy on the right? Well click on him to find out!
Quilting Shows on your computer - Free - 24/7....
This technique is in Kaye's Easy Hexagon Designs book. (remember to mention the 20% off ad...)See the Video, free, here: KayeWoodTV.com
FYI: Programs are best viewed with a high speed connection.
Show and Tell....
I made this quilt for my granddaughter, Sophia Grace on her 3rd birthday.The paper doll fabrics brought back memories of my younger days when I played with paper dolls. I have extra fabric to make stand
up dolls and the fabric with the clothes and accessories can be used to dress up the dolls! It was a fun quilt to make....Ginny
Send me your Show and Tell pictures and stories (50 words or less, please)
Tips From Our Readers....If you are familiar with the staff at your localfabric store, mine is Hancock Fabrics, some-times if they are not too busy they will letcustomers use their cutting table as a quiltingbase. Not as convenient as home but doeswork in a pinch. Never hurts to ask....CorinneWe want your tips!
Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd
like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear
about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will
find a place in our newsletter!
Stitch Your Own Greeting Cards
I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but Christmas and the Winter Holidays are right around the corner. Learn how to stitch your own greeting cards with this tutorial from the folks at Hints and Things....
Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer , Cleveland , Ohio
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most-requested column I've ever written. My odometer rolled over to 90 on 2 August, so here is the column once more:"
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree .
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath . It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words '' In five years, will this matter? ".
26. Always choose life.
27. Forgive everyone everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Don't take yourself so seriously.. No one else does.
32. Believe in miracles.
33. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
34. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
35. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
36. Your children get only one childhood.
37. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
38. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
39. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
40. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
41. The best is yet to come.
42. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
44. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
That's all for this week....
Have a great week everyone from
The staff at Kaye Wood, Inc!