The Indian Youth Climate Network (IYCN) is a network uniting Indian youth and youth oriented organisations who are concerned about climate change & environmentMessage 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010View Source
The Indian Youth Climate Network (IYCN) is a network uniting Indian youth and youth oriented organisations who are concerned about climate change & environment issues. IYCN works to generate awareness about and establish consensus on what role India should play in the global debate of climate change, and how it should address its domestic issues. IYCN has active members in 16 states of the country and has partner networks/ organisations in other states of India. Registered in July 2009, IYCN has approximately 200 coordinators and volunteers with outreach to thousands of youth in colleges, schools, corporations and institutions in India.
Indian Youth Climate Network (IYCN) is recruiting for 5 positions in the National Steering Committee (SC) of 2010 and has opened up applications for the same.
The National SC will play the role of planning & executing the various programs of IYCN with the state chapters.
At the national level, the SC will jointly take care of multiple responsibilities such as fund raising, partnerships, representation of IYCN at programs, external communications, accounts/administration, etc. In addition, each SC member will coordinate the activities with some pre-assigned state chapters.
The last day to submit your application is April 23rd 12:00 AM IST.
Each SC position is from April 2010 to March 2011 and the person can be located anywhere in India with access to internet and telephone. The detailed profle requirements are as follows:
National Coordinator should be able to (or) have
1) High levels of commitment to the cause and organisation
2) Coordinate activities in the allocated tasks along with the Coordinators in those states
3) Raise funds, maintain relationships with donors, represent IYCN at internal & external events/ meetings
4) Collectively steer the IYCN network in the direction of work it should take, discuss proposals of programs/ projects and make decisions, and take a call on partnership requests from other organizations/ individual
5) Actively participate in activities in his/her respective city/ district
6) Possess basic knowledge of India – politics, geography, environment issues, finance & accounts procedures, basic internet skills and knowledge about social & online media etc.
7) Documentation and reporting
All positions require 30-40 hours a week. The duration is from April 2010 – March 2011 which includes 3 months probation. Compensation will begin on successful completion of probation.
IYCN is an equal opportunity employer
The selected applicants will be interviewed and the final communication will be given by the 30th of April. The SC will assume office from the 1st of May.
For any specific queries, please write to us at jobs@....
For Team IYCN