>>PUB: call for photographers - juried exhibition to honor gordon parks
CALL FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!!!
Glimpses in Time – A Juried Photography Exhibition in Honor of Gordon Parks
For more information visit: http://www.joycegordongallery.com/parks_2.html
Gordon Parks' photographs touched us in an exceptional way. Whether his
photographs were created as art or for their usefulness they significantly impacted
several generations of photographers. In recognition of the spirit and
photography of Gordon Parks the Joyce Gordon Gallery proudly announces Glimpses in
Time: A juried photography exhibition in honor of Gordon Parks. Click here for
background info on Gordon Parks.
About the Exhibit : In recognition of one of the most influential
photographers of the 20th century, the Joyce Gordon Gallery
proudly announces Glimpses in Time: A Juried Photography
Exhibition in Honor of Gordon Parks.
About the Juror: Joyce Gordon Gallery is honored to have
Stephen Wirtz, owner of the prestigious Stephen Wirtz Gallery in
San Francisco, as the head juror for this exhibition.
Click here for or entry details and forms
· CD submissions due July 1, 2007 at 6pm
· In person entries due July 13, 2007 at 6pm
· Selection notification: July 15, 2007
· A reception for photographers, friends and press will be held on
August 3, 2007,
at the Joyce Gordon Gallery from 4 pm - 8 pm.
· Exhibition date: August 1 - August 31, 2007
Awards & Recognition
Gordon Parks Award:
Awarded to the most compelling photograph based composition, technique and
content that Parks was known for. The winner will be awarded a solo exhibition
in the Joyce Gordon
Awarded to the photographer expressing the most original artistic
Photographers receiving special recognition for outstanding technical and
Gordon Parks Juried Photography Exhibit
CD SUBMISSIONS DUE JULY 1, 2007
DO NOT SEND ANY IMAGES BY EMAIL
• High quality jpegs 72 resolution in RGB or grayscale color space
• Size: 600 pixels on the longest dimension
• Files numbered and named, e.g., 01_Smith_TITLE.jpg.
• Burn CD to play on Macs and PCs
To submit your JPEG Images please send the following to:
Joyce Gordon Gallery / Gordon Parks Curator / 406 14th Street /Oakland, CA
• A Completed Entry Form – for download on the website
• Signed and dated Consignment Agreement – for download on the website
• Non-Refundable Entry Fee of $30 payable to Joyce Gordon Gallery (Proceeds
will be donated to
the Seven Tepees Youth Program in SF)
• A clearly labeled data disk with 2 JPEG images (clearly label the disk with
your name, address,
telephone and email address)
INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
SELECTION & NOTIFICATION
• Once your disk is received you will receive an email confirmation with your
• On July 14, 2007 jury selections will be complete. You will receive an
email notification indicating which
entry numbers were selected for the exhibition. Artists will be notified by
July 15, 2007 via email.
• Approximately 50-75 photographs will be selected for Glimpses in Time.
• If your entry is selected you will be responsible for delivering the framed
photograph(s) to the Joyce
Gordon Gallery by July 30, 2007. Photographs received after that date will
not be exhibited.
• Artists unable to deliver their photographs in person are responsible for
all shipping arrangements
and expenses. Round-trip shipping expenses must be prepaid. Those photographs
sent collect will
not be accepted.
• Please allow two (2) weeks for shipment. Artwork must be packed in reusable
packing, and all
packing material must be sufficient for safe return. All artwork to be
shipped must meet shipping
agents’ requirements. Please ship all materials to the address below:
• Using an adhesive label, clearly label the back of each framed photograph
with: Your Name / Photo
Title / Photo Dimensions / Retail Price.
• Framed artwork measuring more than 28” in any direction after framing
cannot be accepted for
exhibition. All artwork should be ready to install and properly identified
with an adhesive label
• Please dry mount each photograph, mat the images in white, and frame them
with black aluminum
or wood section frames. No glass will be accepted. All photographers must use
a plastic surface
with his/her frames. For framing assistance, please contact the Joyce
LIABILITY Liability of artwork is the responsibility of the participating
artist/photographer. Joyce Gordon
Gallery, their employees or any agents thereof cannot be held responsible for
any liability of the artist.
Download the Consignment Agreement from the website and return a signed copy
with your submission
Laylah Amatullah Barrayn
See what's free at http://www.aol.com.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]