There is a 14th beta version of JackOSX 0.75 version to test : http://www.grame.fr/~letz/JackOSX.0.75b14.pkg.zip
- improves sample_rate management in CoreAudio driver (see
"Limitations and known problems" part).
- another dirty buffers fix in JackRouterDevice::Process.
- add a sample_rate listener in CoreAudio driver (see "Limitations
and known problems" part).
- fix a bug in jack coreaudio driver when changing sample rate on
- remove usleep in command thread: use a Wait/Notify mechanism.
- correct SetBufferSize in jackdmp.
- correct JackRouterDevice::BufferSize. New
JackRouterDevice::GetBufferSize method for dynamic buffer size
changes. Optimization in Process.
- release (= optimized ) version of all components.
- correct JackAU plugin to load on PPC and Intel.
- DVD Player now (partially) working.
- fix a buffer size initialisation bug in
- use AutoConnect/RestoreConnections also in
- fix several bugs in Process (discovered with Digital performer).
- fix a bug in Process (solve the MAX/MSP related problem).
- use blacklist also in JackRouterPlugIn::AddForHAL.
- lock taken in CommandThread::WorkLoop() only if commands are waiting.
- restore BlackList.txt file (to backlist processes that should not
appear as jack clients)
- restore JackAU and JackVST plug-ins
- use a unique UUID for JackRouter
- correct issue in RemoveFromHAL
- correct a locking issue that was causing Safari Flash Player to hang
- correct a "dirty buffers" issue with Skype
- remove debug message that were printing in the audio callback
- define jackd and libjack.so as links
Limitations and known problems :
- starting/stopping the jack server *while* CoreAudio clients are
running is still not safe (was not also in previous versions...)
- DVD Player only works when buffer size is 1024: this seems to be a
limitation of the application itself...
- jack server cannot handle a sample rate change done by another
CoreAudio application on the it's currently used CoreAudio device.
Since sample rate change cannot be redirected to running jack clients,
the system continue to work, but with a wrong sample rate, thus
resulting in lower and higher pitch.
Please report applications that work, and applications that don't
work, possibly with crashlogs and problems descriptions.