Until two months ago I was employed
in the geothermal energy group at a
DOE national lab. I had to leave that
job because Mister President decided
to zero out the DOE budget for the
entire DOE geothermal energy program.
Point of fact, not only has Bush the
desire to zero out DOE's geothermal
energy budget...he has pushed (and won,
in several instances) to:
1. extinguish the DOE hydropower program;
2. severely cut DOE funding for research
into advanced use of fossil fuels
(i.e. better use of these fuels);
3. cut funding for DOE's wind power program;
4. slashed by 2/3 the DOE budget for renewable
energy and energy efficiency programs;
5. cut funding for the climate change science
These six significant budget cuts are a
minor fraction of the full scope of damage
that this administration has inflicted on
DOE programs over the past few years.
The only programs to benefit..."nucular",
solar, and hydrogen fuel cells.
Hence, in my humble opinion the 2007 State
of the Union address and any "initiative"
from the administration are purely lip
Regards to all,