I just finished installing a remote managment system on NT. The installation
procedure was the sort of thing that used to give Linux a bad name.
Here is what I did:
1) opened a zip file into a directory - 3 directories were created - site,
bin and db
2) make the "site" directory into an IIS virtual folder (make it reachable
3) register 2 dlls from bin directory (myself! no utility was provided!)
4) register the same dlls to the microsoft transaction server
5) create a data connectivity to a db they provided
6) change their code (!) to link to a db I wanted to manage
Allways allways have a good installation scripts for your programs.