interested in these issues welcome to join me at meeting with Greenwich
Council's lead cycling officer Don Anyiam, at 6pm on Aug 17 at The Forum, Trafalgar Road, SE10.
I''ve suggested this
Council's budget 2005/6 and 2006/7 for improvements to cycling
* Greenwich Cyclists is renewing
its campaign for right to cycle through
Royal Naval College. Members felt that it was illogical for the Greenwich Foundation to allow cars to park there but not for cyclists to transit, and that
the whole site is shut at 6pm anyway.
* Cycle parking in centre of
Greenwich. Lydian and I have identifed sites and
she's taken pix
* LCN+ Route 65 Lewisham to
Bexley from consultants Meyer Brown. From Ha'penny Bridge the route goes Norman
Road, right into Tarves Way, Straightsmouth, Stockwell Street and Nevada
Street to Greenwich Park.
* Footpath at Thames Barrier with Cyclists Dismount signs
as required by the Environment Agency. Now completed
* Signs the wrong way round at Woolwich
Party Close a Road. Green Party initiative asking for sugggestions. Members discussed Greenwich town centre gyratory.
* Thames Footpath, proposed bridge over
* Chronic lift breakdowns at
Greenwich Foot Tunnel.