Loretta Lynn's connection to the Webbs unfortunately does not come from the
Edgecombe County Webbs. I knew that she had a Webb connection so went looking
for it. Here is what I found:
article in the "Floyd County (KY) Times, Sept. 25, 1969 - Section 3 Page
3" written by Donald E. Webb and from his typewritten book "The Webbs"
(a copy of the book is located in the LDS Family History Center located
in Martin, Floyd Co., KY).
1. Robert Webb b: Glouchestershire, England. d: Unknown m: Unknown
2. John Webb, Sr. b: Tetbury, Glouchestershire, Eng. d: 1711,
m: Unknown. Emigrated to the Pennsylvania Colony in 1699 on the ship
"Canterbury" in company with William Penn (who was making his 2nd trip).
3. John Webb b: abt 1695, Glouchestershire, Eng. d: 10 Oct 1774, Berks
m: 1720 (in what is now)Berks Co., PA, to Mary Boone (dau of George
Boone III and Mary Maugridge).
4. George Webb, Sr. b: 1723, Berks Co., PA. d: abt 1812, Sullivan Co.,
m: abt 1743, Berks Co., PA, to Hannah "Unknown".
5. Capt. John Webb b: Berks Co., PA. d: 1806, Copper Creek, (in what is
now)Scott Co., VA.
m: Mary "?Adams?"
6. William Webb, Sr. b: 1780-1785, Scott Co., VA. d: 1859, Floyd Co.,
m: (1st) in Virginia to "Unknown" (believed to be Nancy Green, but
7. William "Uncle Bid" Webb, Jr. b: 1816, Floyd Co., KY. d: abt 1900,
Floyd Co., KY.
m: (3rd) Isabella Music Cunningham, a widow.
8. Alexander Webb b: 1879, Floyd Co., KY. d: Floyd Co., KY.
m: Mary M. Butcher
9. Melvin "Ted" Webb b: Unk. d: Unk.
m: Clara Ramey (they had 8 children)
10. Melvin, Jr.
10. Loretta (Loretta Lynn)
10. Brenda (Crystal Gayle)
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]