Cindy: I am sure that you are doing the right thing.
She cannot tell you that she knows you are helping
her. You have been lucky to have her so many years
and must concentrate on that. Good luck.
--- cindy mitchell <cmitchell@...
> Thanks, Debra,
> My vet is coming over after work this afternoon to
> pts, if I do not back out. Lady seemed just
> miserable during and after assist feedings, and I
> cannot get enough in her to help. She is on lasix,
> high dosage. I don't know if I am doing the right
> thing, but my vet in Memphis did not give me much
> hope today that things would get any better.
> Everything that coudl wrong with her is going wrong.
> Please be thinking of us today and tonight.
> Cindy Mitchell
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: yarringt@...
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 10:00 AM
> Subject: Re: [FH] Lady
> Is she on lasix? I don't see that in the letter,
> but I know that's used
> for fluids. I also know
> that can take a week to really have an effect. If
> she isn't on it, do
> you know why not? If
> you decide to hang in there and see how she does,
> I'd consider starting
> the epogen. I know
> I keep harping about the anemia, but it's what
> saved Tigger's life.
> Cindy, I don't know what to tell you, but you are
> in my thoughts and
> prayers. Whatever
> you decide, it will be the right decision.
> -Debra & Tigger
> cindy mitchell wrote:
> > I see that by not posting my first email to
> Helen to the group that I
> > have left out a good deal of information.
> > My current situation is that Lady's local vet
> may well be out of town
> > again this weekend--his nephew is extremely ill
> and in a hospital 5
> > hours from here. If so,I face the possibility
> that Lady could go into
> > acute respiratory distress or final stages of
> kidney failure over the
> > weekend with no vet readily available to help
> her through her suffering.
> > I am wondering if it is worth the risk of this
> happening in the hopes
> > that the diliaztiem and benazapril will help
> next week. We started
> > them Tuesday night for diliaztiem and Wednesday
> for benazapril and vet
> > in Memphis said it would take about a week for
> the benazapril to
> > really have an effect.
> > For those of you not familiar, Lady is 18.5
> years old, has had crf
> > since Oct. 2000, just diagnosed last week with
> HCM, pretty severe, and
> > now CHF (chest tapped and 200 ccs removed
> Tuesday night). There is a
> > possibility of a mass in her mediastinal
> area--vets just cannot decide
> > despite ultrasound ofheart and chest xrays every
> day this week. Lady
> > is also borderline at point where she will need
> epogen. Hct has
> > varied from 24 to 21 over the last week.
> > If chest xray is very bad tomorrow, I am
> inclined not to get her
> > tapped again at this stage and to pts. I can
> hardly bear to say it,
> > but I am asking myself is it worth a few weeks
> to risk a really bad
> > crisis this weekend with no one to help.
> > For those of you who have pts, what would you
> do? I know I will have
> > regrets either way, I just do not know howmuch
> hope there is. My
> > local vet said he will be surprised if shemakes
> it the week we need
> > for heart meds, but Lil Lady is a tough little
> fighter, as delicate as
> > she seems.
> > Even if she makes it a week, how much quality
> time are we
> > realistically buying? This week she has had no
> quality of life.
> > Again,I am sure you can see I don't want to make
> this decision. If my
> > vet stays in town, I will almostcertainly wait,
> dependingon the xray
> > tomorrow.
> > Thanks for listening and for any insights.
> > I feel I am in constant crisis and dumping it on
> this group.
> > Cindy and Lil Lady
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
> Terms of Service.
> [Non-text portions of this message have been
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.