I am so sorry. I am sending prayers for both of you.
Debbie and Angel Cat-man
From: "mountaineer732" <mountaineer732@...
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 4:00 PM
Subject: [FH] Bailey - RIP 7/24/2013
> Please send some prayers for my Bailey. He will be going back to God on
> Wednesday at 11a.m. ET on July 24th. He had been holding his own despite
> the progression of his HCM until June when he was diagnosed with Pulmonary
> Efflusion as part of Congestive Heart Failure. We put him on Enalipril
> (spelling?) to try to help but it wasn't as effective as we had hoped and
> in only 3 weeks he went from a mild to a moderate fluid level (July 11).
> We then increased his Lasix from 5mg at 3 times a day to 25 milligram a
> day in 2 doses. I took him to his vet to check his kidney and
> electrolyte values on Thursday (July 19) and his BUN went from normal to a
> low-high in just a week.
> I had a follow up appt scheduled for 7/29 but this past Friday and
> Saturday night Bailey had 3 horrible coughing attacks in less than 3
> minutes. The one Saturday night had me thinking I was losing him then.
> He survived them and I called his vet (I am blessed his vet is also an
> emergency hospital so I can call anytime). I told him I couldn't continue
> to watch this get worse and I wanted him to pass at home but how could I
> make him comfortable for me to get this scheduled. We have increased his
> Lasix again to 10 mg at 3 times a day with an extra 5 mg if he begins to
> get worse. Last night this worked well as he had 2 small episodes that
> were both mild and short in duration.
> I called the vet that does in-home euthanasia and we have him scheduled
> for 7/24 at 11am ET. I could use all the prayers possible for my sweet
> loyal loving boy. 12 years is not enough but it is all we had.
> The odd thing is that when I talked to the euthanasia vet, she asked if he
> was isolating or not eating. He is still very present, alive, vocal and
> eating. He is not withdrawing from life. He is pretty glued to me and i
> know he is trying to soothe me. But I cannot tax his kidneys and I cannot
> let his coughing get worse. I want him to go while he is not suffering.
> If we kept him on his Lasix his kidneys would go (at the higher level) so
> other than doing a chest tap, I made the decision to hand him back to God.
> I will post a small posting when he has been freed from his physical body.
> But please know, if I don't reply I have read the posts and send you all
> my deepest appreciation for your prayers and support. And I wish you all
> success in fighting this disease and prayers for you and your kitties
> Kimberly and soon to be fur-angel Bailey.
> Your reply will go to the author of this message. If you feel your reply
> will benefit the entire group, please change the "To:" line to
> firstname.lastname@example.orgYahoo! Groups Links