If my story can help people, I'm all for it. What I learned from it is I have to be proactive, which is why I belong to alot of the online groups. When I read something that's different from what I was told, I take it to the vet right away like you did.
I guess I'm lucky, I have 5 on the inhaler for Flovent and they don't have a problem with it. My boyfriend's cat is a nightmare though. He's been trying to puff her for a couple months now and she hides and won't talk to him on the couch any more. I told him to give her treats, it has only helped marginally.
Good luck with Burma,
--- On Wed, 4/3/13, Carol Hoeck <belaire56@...> wrote:
From: Carol Hoeck <belaire56@...>
Subject: Burma, the refusnik cat
To: "danamcmk@..." <danamcmk@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 3:02 PM
Have so saddened about your wonderful dog responding to the prednisone in such and awful way. Am very, very sorry as know how
hurtful it was for you to give it thinking it would help him..............
Have left a message for my vet to not use the prednisone with the antihistamine. I was thinking that that would be hard on her heart, now that we learned her heart is enlarged.
She does take inhaler, Abuterol, which contains prednisone. Believe you all are correct in not adding more. (Of course, she hides and does her best not to take the inhaler.)
And won't wait very long before taking her to a cardilogist. If can catch this early, then good prospect for her. (Heart was fine
in January this year.)
Sincerely, and with sadness for your experience,
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]