Hi Tammy, Maybe you can ask your vet tomorrow if Slickster can have buprenex. That s what we give Misty for pain when she needs it. The only side effect sheMessage 1 of 13 , May 8, 2011View SourceHi Tammy,
Maybe you can ask your vet tomorrow if Slickster can have buprenex. That's what we give Misty for pain when she needs it. The only side effect she gets is it makes her get a little constipated, so we have to make sure she gets enough water in her food. It also makes her sleepy. We give Misty injectable. It's really easy to do, just a tiny little subQ shot under the skin.
Carol and Angel Snowball *5/10/91 to 1/1/10*
and the gang
Yesterday I ended ended up getting Slickster some Tramadol for pain, and it did help lots. He is purring a meowing more...
However he paced ALL night, he would not settle down for bed at all!!!
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi there, what dosage of flovent is your kitty on? My heart kitty takes 250mcg twice daily, and that controls her asthma quite well. They used to have her onMessage 1 of 13 , May 9, 2011View SourceHi there, what dosage of flovent is your kitty on? My heart kitty takes 250mcg twice daily, and that controls her asthma quite well. They used to have her on a lower dose, but it just wouldn't control her asthma. Since upping to the higher dose, she hasn't really had any asthma problems. I also have an albuterol inhaler for emergencies.
Also, I have always been told to make sure my kitty takes 10 full breaths of the puff. Also make sure you take the cannister completely out to shake it, to make sure they are getting a good puff.
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, Patricia Crawford <pwcrawford@...> wrote:
> Hi Adriann, I increased the Flovent last Saturday, and i got the Albuterol then as well and had to use it on Tuesday night. After her heart ultrasound and comparing it to the previous one, he thinks anything more than one puff within 24 hours could cause her heart to beat faster and put her into heart failure in her particular situation. What I would have to do is to give her Albuterol in order to get her to the ER, where they could then treat the subsequent failure in a hospital situation.
> It's hard to know what precipitated this flare-up. She was particularly resistant to the flovent with the previous cannister. She tends to hold her breath or take mini-breaths or knock the Aerokat off her nose. Though I get it back on her face pretty quickly and make sure she takes six full breaths, she may not have gotten the full dose she needed. She's done this for the last two years, and it hasn't been a problem, so I always assumed she was getting enough. But it could be any other number of reasons for this flare-up.
> Her last big episode was early Wed. morning at 1 a.m. I called the ER to see if i could give a second puff of the Albuterol within a three hour period, or if I should run her over to get oxygen. the ER vet actually called her internist in the middle of the night, and ok'd the second dose of Albuterol, which I didn't have to use in the end. She hasn't had a bad coughing spell since (nearly two days). However, she's gone for two to three days and then it acts up again, so I'm being very cautiously optimistic.
> I'll ask about an anti-histamine. I was told cypro is also an anti-inflammatory and that I could double her daily dose.
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi all: I had Slicky to the vets yesterday for a blood pressure re-check. The last time he was there his numbers were 190/92 yesterday he was 164/89 this isMessage 1 of 13 , May 10, 2011View SourceHi all:
I had Slicky to the vets yesterday for a blood pressure re-check.
The last time he was there his numbers were 190/92 yesterday he was 164/89 this is still too high. My vet has suggested that I up his meds to 2 times per day and to re-check next week and to watch for any changes in his behavour.
I can tell he is feeling better he has stopped pacing and is much more affectionate so I think we are on the right track!!!
Tammy & Slickster