In an earlier message, Beverly Parsons [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] said ... ... A few thoughts ... 1) Dr. Schrope is a wonderful cardiologist. If he feelsMessage 1 of 3 , May 4, 2004View SourceIn an earlier message, Beverly Parsons [mailto:baparsons@...] said ...
> Our cat Tasselhoff was diagnosed with HCM about a yearA few thoughts ...
> ago. He's on atenolol and enalapril, in the care of
> cardiologist Dr. Scrope at the Oradell Animal Hospital
> in Jersey. He just had an echo last week, and the
> report was glowing. His heart has actually improved
> on the meds - enlargement down, murmur almost gone.
> However....he has developed a lump on his leg. The
> surgeon cannot tell us if it is malignant (cytology
> tests were inconclusive). She wants to remove the
> lump, in case it is malignant. She is at Oradell as
> well, so Dr. Schrope will be involved.
1) Dr. Schrope is a wonderful cardiologist. If he feels the procedure would be safe, that would boost my confidence level
2) Have you seen an oncologist? You may want to do this to see if he/she thinks removal is warranted. With some lumps, a
wait-and-see approach is a more conservative (& better, IMHO) approach.
3) This may sound crazy, but you might consider having someone do an ultrasound of the lump. It would be costly, but it might give
everyone a better idea of what is going on there (e.g., if there is a lot of vascularization in the lump, it is more likely a
4) I presume the cytology report was from a fine needle aspirate? Any chance they can get a piece of the lump just using a local
> Many thanks,--
> Beverly Parsons and Tasselhoff
Licorice, Tigger, Jet,
Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Belle (RB)
Hi everyone, I wanted to update evryone on Tasselhoff. If you remember I wrote a few weeks ago about a lump on his wrist and whether or not we should doMessage 1 of 3 , May 14, 2004View SourceHi everyone,
I wanted to update evryone on Tasselhoff. If you
remember I wrote a few weeks ago about a lump on his
wrist and whether or not we should do surgery. His
cardiologist strongly encouraged surgery and so it was
scheduled for yesterday.
However, the pre-surgery x-rays showed the mass has
completely taken over his joint and is not removable.
Even worse, the chest x-rays show a mass in his lungs
that is most likely a metastisis. Needless to say -
we are devastated. He was doing so well on his heart
meds - I just cannot believe this has happened. I
feel like I've been punched in the stomach.
His surgeon thinks it is synovial cell sarcoma - very
rare in dogs and even rarer in cats. We're going to
consult with an oncologist - but I just cannot put him
through painfil chemo and radiation to only extend his
life a small bit.
We did not do any surgery yesterday - brought him home
to regroup. He, of course, is the picture of health.
Oblivious to it all and just wanting to eat. Ah,
ignorance is bliss!
So, this morning I join the feline cancer list and ask
for help. If anyone has a cancer kitty on this list
any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks for all your support and help.
Beverly Parsons & Tasselhoff
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! - Internet access at a great low price.