31. The ashes of dung-cakes, droppings of goats and other impure
things are pure. Their smoke is also pure. If it comes onto one's bread,
there is no harm in it.
32. One corner of a mat is impure and the balance of it is pure. It will be
permissible to offer salaat in the corner that is pure.
33. Land that has been plastered by dung is impure. Salaat on it is not
permissible without having laid some pure thing over it.
34. If the land which has been plastered by dung is dry, then it is
permissible to spread even a wet cloth over it and offer salaat. But it
should not be so wet that some soil from that ground comes onto one's
35. After having washed his feet, a person walked bare-footed on some
impure place and his foot-prints were visible on that place. His feet will
not become impure. However, if due to the wet feet, the ground gets so
wet, that some sand or impurity from that ground comes onto the feet;
then they will become impure.
36. A person slept on an impure carpet and due to perspiration his
clothes became damp. The same rule applies here, i.e. his clothes and
body will not become impure. However, if they get so wet that some
impurity from the carpet gets onto his clothes or body, they will be
37. A woman applied impure henna (mehendi) on her hands or feet. By
washing them thoroughly until clean water flows out of them, the hands
and feet will be purified. It is not obligatory to remove the colour.
38. A person applied surmah (antimony) or kajal (eye-pencil) which was
impure. It is not necessary to wipe or wash it off. However, if it spreads
and comes out of the eye, it will be obligatory to wash it.
39. If one applied impure oil onto one's head or body, then according to
the normal procedure, it should be washed off three times. It is not
necessary to remove it by putting soap or any such thing.
40. A dog put its mouth in flour or a monkey ate some of it. Whatever
portion of the flour got dirty should be removed. It is permissible to eat
the rest of it. If the flour was dry, then wherever its saliva is, that place
should be removed. The balance of it is pure.