EEOP staff are available to help you implement the Green Ribbon Schools program.
Recommend the webinar described below.
Subject: EPA and Green Ribbon Schools Webinar
From: Anisa Baldwin Metzger <abaldwinmetzger@...>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 19:33:26 +0000
I wanted to pass along the invitation to the first in a series of webinars about the Department of Education’s winning Green Ribbon Schools<http://www2.ed.gov/programs/green-ribbon-schools/index.html>.
This one is about the use of EPA’s Tools for Schools program in the winning schools. Register below if you’re interested in hearing more and working toward your own application in next year’s program.
Anisa Baldwin Metzger
Center for Green Schools
U.S. Green Building Council
During the first-ever U.S. Department of Education (ED) Green Ribbon Schools<http://www2.ed.gov/programs/green-ribbon-schools/index.html>
award program, EPA’s IAQ Tools for Schools guidance<http://www.epa.gov/iaq/schools/index.html> was prominently featured as one of the recommended
resources<http://www2.ed.gov/programs/green-ribbon-schools/resources.html> that many recipients used to help meet
the criteria for Pillar Two of the application — healthy school environments. Eleven of these Green Ribbon Schools are from IAQ Tools for Schools award-winning districts, representing nine different states.
Want to learn how they used the IAQ Tools for Schools guidance to gain the Green Ribbon Schools designation? Register today<https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/372339186>
for the ED’s first Green Strides Webinar<http://www2.ed.gov/programs/green-ribbon-schools/index.html>on
Thursday, June 21, 2012, from 1 – 2 p.m. EDT.
Attend this webinar to:
• Discover why good IAQ is important to maintaining a healthy and green learning environment and improving academic performance.
• Learn how to gain national recognition for creating healthy indoor environments in schools.
• Gain in-depth knowledge and insight on how the IAQ Tools for Schools guidance provides simple, low-and no-cost resources, such as the IAQ Tools for Schools Action Kit, which any school can use to create healthy learning environments.
• See real examples of how IAQ Tools for Schools guidance can help schools meet Green Ribbon Schools’ criteria for Pillar Tow of the application.
• Get your questions answered by healthy learning environment champions.
Mansel A Nelson
Tribal Environmental Education Outreach