Director of Human Resources, Green Dot Public Schools
Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer/President
Green Dot Public Schools (www.greendot.org) is a non-profit operator
of five charter high schools in Los Angeles with over 150 employees
and $16M in revenues, and we are seeking a motivated and highly
skilled individual to lead our Human Resources function. Our
company is expecting rapid growth within the next few years, and is
seeking someone with the experience and vision to build a Human
Resources department that can sustain this growth. This is a very
exciting opportunity for someone with the right skills, and who has
a passion for transforming public education in Los Angeles.
· Set strategic direction for executing the human resources
function for the organization
· Develop and execute strategy to recruit and hire 60+ teachers
· Manage employee relations
· Includes working with teachers' union
· Advise management in appropriate resolution to employee
· Manage relationship with outsource vendor administering benefits
· Oversee performance management process (360 degree feedback)
· Identify / design professional development for employees at all
levels of the organization
· Develop, implement and maintain key HR programs & policies.
· Manage and maintain employee records, payroll, compliance, and
· A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or other
field which is directly applicable to the position. A PHR or SPHR
designation is highly desirable though not essential.
· A minimum of 5 years of human resources experience with at least
3 of those years as a Director overseeing a base of at least 100
· Ability to manage and grow a human resources department.
· Experience supervising and managing staff is essential.
· Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written
· Ability to think critically, and possess strong analytical skills
· Good conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
· A strong ethical base and good judgment.
· Familiarity with California State Law is a must
· Experience working with unions is a plus
· Proven history of excellent performance.
If interested, please send your resume to jobs@...