About the Organization: The UC Berkeley Center for Executive Education offers a portfolio of programs developed by academia’s and industry’s mostMessage 1 of 1 , Sep 24View Source
About the Organization:
The UC Berkeley Center for Executive Education offers a portfolio of programs developed by academia’s and industry’s most forward-thinking minds to accelerate the careers of professionals around the globe. Here, executives have abundant resources at their fingertips, from award winning faculty -- 9 Nobel Laureates, 4 Pulitzer Prize winners, and 32 MacArthur Fellows -- to national laboratory research, to the vibrant ecosystem of the Silicon Valley. These tools, engaged in one of the most dynamic learning environments in the world, combine to create a powerful experience for business executives seeking a competitive edge. UC Berkeley Haas School of Business is renowned for developing innovative business leaders -- individuals who redefine the business landscape by putting new ideas into action in all areas of their organizations.
programs are for overseas clients, and the portfolio of open enrollment programs continues to expand to meet market demands. For more information visit http://executive.berkeley.edu/
About the Position:
This is a full-time, exempt position located in Berkeley, CA. Reporting to the CEO, this candidate will be responsible for helping grow CEE’s business by developing new clients and programs. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong business background and exceptional client relationship skills to help shape the future of a small but fast-growing nonprofit organization.
· Help develop CEE’s growth strategy, including focus on geographic markets, industries, and clients
· Respond to inquiries that come to CEE from clients interested in learning programs for individuals, organizations, and companies
· Identify and proactively reach out to clients to establish new relationships for CEE, using a wide variety of means to gain entry into new organizations
· Build trusted advisor relationships with senior executives that broaden CEE’s reach and impact in the organization
· Engage UC Berkeley faculty in discussions about how to apply their expertise and research to serve client needs, and build faculty enthusiasm for working with CEE
· In partnership with UC Berkeley faculty and CEE staff, design complex learning engagements, iterating with clients and faculty and employing a wide range of frameworks, tools, and methodologies
· Close deals, using pricing, margin, and operating requirements that support CEE’s financial goals
· Oversee successful program execution, together with Program Management and Faculty
· Recruit, coach and develop the next generation of client leaders in CEE.
· Exceptional client engagement and dialog skills
· Strong business acumen and judgment
· Ability to understand faculty teaching and research topics and help translate into impact for clients
· Strong networking skills, both inside UC Berkeley and with clients and influencers
· Team leadership skills
· High level of initiative-taking and project management skills
· Strong written communication skills (presentation and proposal)
· Track record of strong business problem solving capabilities
· Comfortable in a fast paced environment with strong ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Familiarity with executive education programs and trends highly desirable
· Embodies the Haas School of Business Defining Principles of Students Always, Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Beyond Yourself.
Salary and Benefits:
The UC Berkeley Center for Executive Education offers a competitive compensation package, including medical/dental/vision/insurance, 401k matching, vacation leave, sick leave and 16 paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to CEE_Careers@.... Indicate “Director of Client Development” in the subject line of the email for the fastest consideration. In your cover letter, please comment on how your skills and experience are a good match for this position, the personal qualities that you bring to the work environment, your salary requirements, and where you heard about this position.