Title: College Coach Assistant (Multiple Openings)
Reports to: Director of Strategy & Operations
Employment Status: Part-Time
Contact: Please do not call with inquiries. Send questions to careers@...
Beyond 12 is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase the number of low-income, first generation, and historically underrepresented students who graduate from our nation’s colleges and universities. Through an innovative technology platform and a student coaching service, Beyond 12 helps high schools and colleges connect with and support their students to ensure they earn a postsecondary degree. Beyond 12’s vision is that one day every student who enrolls in college will be prepared to handle the rigors of higher education and will earn a degree that provides them with meaningful economic and personal prospects.
Beyond 12 is seeking to hire enthusiastic college upperclassmen or recent college graduates who attend or attended college in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist us with interviewing the college students we serve. The position will involve calling, texting and emailing current college students and collecting information about them and their progress. In addition to the calls, the College Coach Assistants will be responsible for answering any questions students may have about their current college careers, following Beyond 12’s coaching procedures and alerting Beyond 12’s team if they encounter students who may need additional coaching.
Because college students are often not available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., interviews may occur after normal business hours on a schedule to be determined by the College Coach Assistants and Beyond12’s team. College Coach Assistants may be asked to attempt contact with college students on a flexible schedule and from locations outside of the Beyond 12 offices. Part time coaching will occur during four months of the year and applicants are not required to commit for the entire year.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in making a difference in the lives of students from underserved backgrounds. Our College Coach Assistants will work closely with Beyond 12’s full-time college coaches and management team, and will gain experience in a dynamic startup environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with exceptional phone manners
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office and basic web technology
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university or a recent graduate of an accredited college or university
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
• Experience working with first generation college students and/or students from underserved backgrounds a huge plus
• Strong commitment to Beyond 12’s mission and vision
• Independent, highly organized and detail-oriented
• Energetic, hard-working and enthusiastic team player
• Commitment to achieving measurable results
• Expected Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week
• College Coach Assistant will utilize his/her own laptop computer for this position
• Hourly pay of $15/hour
To apply, please email your resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to: careers@.... Be sure to let us know how you heard about the opportunity. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.