Envision Schools has an immediate opening for an Upper Division Math Teacher (Algebra 2 and Pre-Calculus) at Envision Academy in Oakland. This is a full-timeMessage 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2011View Source
Envision Schools has an immediate opening for an Upper Division Math Teacher (Algebra 2 and Pre-Calculus) at Envision Academy in Oakland. This is a full-time position for the remainder of the 2011-2012 school year.
Who We Are
Envision Schools was founded in 2002 to make real a simple, yet powerful vision: transform the public high school experience into one that helped all students go to and succeed in college. Today we serve 1200 students, 61% of whom will be the first in their families to go to college, in four college prep public charter schoolstwo in San Francisco, one in Oakland, and one in Hayward. At Envision Schools we are producing results that fly in the face of national statistics, with 93% of our graduates attending college and some 84% of our 2009 graduates accepted to four-year institutions. 95% of Envision Schools' 2008 graduates admitted to college have stayed in college.
Envision Schools has demonstrated year after year that we can successfully engage and teach urban students the 21st Century Skills they need to get into, and succeed in, college and life. Many of our students are the first in their family to go to college, and their success has proven that with the right educational model, all students can succeed.
Who You Are
We are looking for passionate teachers who are committed to working with urban students in small, academically rigorous high schools that use project-based learning, art and technology, holistic grading, and performance assessments to engage students in learning.
Key Qualities and Expectations of an Envision Schools Teacher:
- Understands and applies effective strategies and best practices to ensure student success
- Implements project, problem and/or inquiry-based instruction aligned with standards and outcome based/performance assessments
- Provides active & rigorous experiences for students
- Maintains high expectations for all students and believes all students can be successful in college
- Plans for various student needs (including use of developmentally appropriate materials)
- Uses & integrates arts and technology in classroom and project instruction
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to adult development and learning, dialogue, collaboration and growth in his/her professional practice
- Acts as an Advisor to a group of students act as an advocate for students' needs with family members and within the school community.
- Experience in, and commitment to, urban education and working with youth of color.
All Envision Schools teachers can expect the following:
- Small school environment
- Classrooms equipped with state-of-the-art-technology and a laptop computer for professional use
- Membership in a professional learning community that fosters respect, trust, risk-taking, an openness to learning and the sharing of ideas, and continuously improving practice
- Collaboration as a member of a team that often includes guest artists and/or experts from the community in the designing of projects, curriculum and student outcomes
- To know their students well, develop a strong sense of community in the classroom, and personalize each student's learning experience
- To meet cooperatively with parents on a scheduled basis to share information about their students and the school
Together as a community, we strive to embody our core values:
We are persistent learners
We are courageous innovators
We are honest communicators
We are deeply accountable
We are respectful and collaborative
- Bachelor's Degree
- Valid California Teaching Credential in Mathematics
- Experience teaching upper-level Math classes preferred
To apply, submit an online application via www.envisionschools.org/apply
For more information, check out our website at www.envisionschools.org or email Joelle Barrios, HR Manager, at joelle@...
Emailed applications WILL NOT be accepted
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.