Galileo Learning was recently recognized as the #3 medium-sized company in the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area awards by the SF Business Times. How didMessage 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2010View Source
Galileo Learning was recently recognized as the #3 medium-sized company in the "Best Places to Work in the Bay Area" awards by the SF Business Times. How did we earn that distinction? We operate educational summer camp programming in 26 Bay Area communities. We are a close-knit team of high achievers who are passionate about Galileo's mission,which is to help young people discover and pursue their passions and to nurture the careers of current and aspiring educators. We also celebrate success, recognize each other for the work that we do, and bring the summer camp spirit into our Oakland-based headquarters through making camp ceremonies and traditions part of each week.
Galileo is currently seeking to add a full-time position in our Home Office, which will be moving to Oakland's Jack London Square neighborhood in October. The Director of Operations position is perfect for someone who is ready to take a senior leadership role at a growing entrepreneurial company, who enjoys developing and improving systems and processes,and who is experienced at coaching managerial level staff. Our year-round team of 20 enjoys a work environment that both drives team members toward excellence and encourages us to stop and remember the joy in the work that we do. This is an opportunity to join a fun workplace, have a big impact on kids, and have a high-level of responsibility at an inspirational company.
- Oversee and support three departments and managerial level staff: Galileo's Warehouse Manager, CRM Project Manager, and Director of HR. Additionally, serve as Galileo's Office Manager.
- Coach managers on strategy development, assist them in problem-solving key business issues, help them develop their staff professionally
Warehouse& Supply Chain Management
- Oversee Warehouse Manager, who is responsible for managing the purchasing, packing, and delivery of camp supplies for Galileo's 26+ summer camps. Galileo uses a 11,000 square foot warehouse and purchases approximately 1,000 skus of camp supplies per year at levels to meet 25,000 enrollments
- Support Warehouse Manager with creating efficient supply chain processes: vendor selection and management, purchasing, inventory management, pick & pack, administrative processes, and expense tracking
- Create strategy for scaling inventory management and distribution according to Galileo's growth plans
- Assist in developing warehouse staffing plan, interviewing, and hiring warehouse team members
CRM Project Management
- Oversee Galileo's CRM Project Manager who is responsible for development of company's CRM, Salesforce, into a highly effective tool for customer service, marketing,staff recruiting outreach, facilities and Advisory Board tracking
- Support CRM Project Manager in further improving Galileo's online registration system that is used to process over 25,000 enrollments annually to make it the best possible tool for customers
- Assist CRM Project Manager in developing a strategy and growth plan for Galileo's scaling IT needs. Galileo currently outsources all IT to an external vendor, Computer Courage
HR& Office Management
- Oversee Galileo's Director of HR and assist in developing HR policies
- Support in making strategic decisions around vendors for payroll, 401K, medical and dental benefits, and worker's compensation
- Assist in developing HR systems which include but are not limited to: employee on-boarding practices, compensation plans, and professional development plans
- Coordinate with landlord to ensure all office facility needs are met; assist in coordination of Fall 2010 office move
- Manage supplies required by office staff, maintain appropriate supply inventory levels
- Create systems to keep office common areas organized. Galileo employs approximately 25 people year-round and an additional 10 people seasonally
- Support managers with the budgeting and forecasting process, provide strategic guidance around spending decisions.
- Accountable for warehouse, technology, HR, and office facility budgets
- Participate in Galileo's senior management team meetings around company strategy and company-wide initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA preferred, not required
- Demonstrated experience in operations role, improving company processes and systems
- Must demonstrate a strong connection to Galileo's mission and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Minimum of three years directly managing staff, plus 10+ years FT work experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong communicator
- High attention to detail, highly organized
- Competitive salary and bonus potential, based on experience
- Average50 hours per week. Galileo pays full Medical and Dental benefits, vacation and holiday pay, and provides 401(k) after one year of employment
Application Deadline is July 20. Galileo only reviews candidates who apply through our online application system, found at http://corporate-galileo.icims.com/jobs/search. Our application process requires that you submit a cover letter and resume, and that you answer several questions that allow us to evaluate your qualifications for the position. If you have any questions on the application process (no job-related questions, please), call 510-595-7293 x341.