Position Announcement: Manager, Teacher Recruitment Community Location: New York, Chicago or San Francisco Organization Overview: KIPP is redefining theMessage 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2009View Source
Position Announcement: Manager, Teacher Recruitment Community
Location: New York , Chicago or San Francisco
KIPP is redefining the notion of what is possible in public education through a partnership among parents, students, and teachers that puts learning first. A national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools with a track record of preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life, KIPP provides outstanding educators, more time in school learning, and a strong culture of achievement to help all of our students climb the mountain to college.
There are currently 66 KIPP schools operating in 19 states and the District of Columbia and serving over 16,000 students. Through a strategic regional growth plan, KIPP plans to expand our network to 100 schools serving 25,000+ students by 2011impacting the educational outcomes of more students in more underserved communities throughout the country.
Every day, KIPP students across the nation are proving that demography does not define destiny. To date, 80 percent of our students have come from low-income backgrounds and more than 90 percent are African American or Latino. Nationally, more than 80 percent of alumni from the original KIPP Academies have gone on to college. In 2007, 95 percent of our alumni matriculated to college-preparatory high schoolsand have earned more than $25 million in scholarships and financial aid since 2000.
As we continue to achieve results in our growing network of schools, the KIPP Foundation is committed to sharing all that we learn in an effort to inspire other communities to consider the approach that has made KIPP schools successful. Visit www.kipp.org for more information.
The KIPP Foundation is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Manager to work as part of the newly created Research, Design and Innovation team, which includes building Communities of Practice to ensure that the KIPP network builds upon and sustains its success as the network continues to grow. The Manager, Teacher Recruitment Community internally referred to as Manager, Teacher Recruitment Community of Practice will work closely with the senior management team and local teacher recruiters to develop, codify and share best practices in teacher and school leader recruitment, development and retention and to create a high-performing, effective team throughout the KIPP Network.
Cultivate the strong network of talent recruiters across the KIPP network into a formal community.
· Build strong relationships with members of the community, assess member needs, and develop a learning agenda
· Document and share best and promising practices
· Develop and manage a web portal for continuous sharing of resources
· Identify external resources for the community to access
· Support on-boarding of new regional staff
Ensure ongoing innovation in KIPP's recruiting efforts that leverage the power of the KIPP network.
· Identify and pursue opportunities for increasing KIPP's recruiting effectiveness and efficiency
· Coordinate select national recruitment efforts on behalf of the network (e.g., national advertising, partnerships with national organizations)
Use data and research to identify and prioritize opportunities for ongoing improvement in KIPP's recruiting efforts.
· Engage key players from KIPP schools and regions, as well as external resources, to identify key strategies and promising practices to improve KIPP's recruiting efforts
· Deliver professional development at local, regional and/or national trainings
· Access and engage local/regional expertise to build accessible, local resources for schools and school leaders
· At least 5 years of successful recruiting, project management and team management experience, preferably in a nonprofit, education, consulting, and/or entrepreneurial environment
· Demonstrated ability to develop a vision and inspire others to achieve shared goals
· Successful experience recruiting at the national level for a distributed, growing organization seeking talented, highly motivated individuals is preferable; professional development and/or training and facilitation experience a plus
· Demonstrated success on projects or in roles that required exceptional analytic, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Evidence of flexibility and resiliency; comfort level working with ambiguity and in times of change
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Commitment to high standards of excellence
· Ability and willingness to participate in significant travel to work with a physically distributed leadership team and network of regions and schools
· Ability to exemplify KIPP's values: sense of purpose, results, respect, constant learning and humility, and diversity and inclusivity
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Jonathan Cowan and outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, at http://jobs.cgcareers.org/application.aspx?id=1330. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The KIPP Foundation provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
About Commongood Careers : The KIPP Foundation has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Manager, Teacher Recruitment Community. Commongood Careers is a nonprofit search service that connects talented individuals to organizations that are dedicated to creating positive social change. Founded and staffed by nonprofit professionals, Commongood Careers offers personalized, engaged services to jobseekers and organizations throughout the hiring process, as well as access to a wealth of knowledge about nonprofit careers. Learn more about nonprofit jobs at Commongood Careers.