* *---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Ethos Date: Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM Subject: EthosMessage 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2012View Source---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Ethos <Ethos@...>
Date: Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Subject: Ethos Seeks Energetic Volunteer Services Program Manager
ETHOS JOB POSTING
VOLUNTEER SERVICES PROGRAM MANAGER
A career that makes a difference and impacts the lives of others!
Ethos is seeking a dynamic, organized, strong individual to take leadership of volunteer programs to help elders stay at home. The Volunteer Services Program Manager is responsible for two areas of work. This manager spearheads the volunteer recruitment, outreach and screening processes for the agency, and supervises volunteers in supportive services programs, projects and activities.
- Recruit volunteers for the Agency’s diverse volunteer programs by performing outreach to individuals, businesses and community groups throughout Boston.
- Conduct all phases of volunteer intake, including: monitoring inquiries, processing applications, conducting background checks and screening interviews and matching applications to open volunteer positions.
- Recruit, screen and place interns from higher education and vocational programs for multiple Agency departments.
- Train and supervise volunteers in 1:1 matches with seniors, including medical escorting, friendly visiting, shopping and heavy chore positions; also, coordinate and supervise group volunteers for Agency events.
- Manage and maintain a volunteer database.
- Evaluate the performance of volunteer programs.
- Collaborate with Agency staff to monitor unmet client population needs and create new volunteer positions when possible.
- Produce monthly statistical and narrative reports. Produce others as needed for funding applications.
- Plan and coordinate an annual volunteer recognition event.
- Provide professional development, support and leadership to the Volunteer Users Work Group, the collection of Agency staff persons working with volunteers.
- Staff Agency events as needed.
- Commitment to promoting independence, dignity and well-being among the elderly and disabled in a culturally appropriate manner.
- BA with two years of experience in non-profit recruitment and outreach, including public speaking. Demonstrated initiative.
- One year of successful experience overseeing at least 20 volunteers or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with elders preferred.
- Computer literate with spreadsheet knowledge and internet skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
$44-$47k for a 35 hour work week with occasional evenings & weekends
- vacation = 3 weeks
- sick time = 12 days
- personal time = 1 week
- 13 holidays and your birthday off!
- health & dental insurance
- life insurance
- long-term disability insurance
- short-term disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- credit union
- pre-tax deductions
Ethos is a private, non.profit organization established in 1973 that is dedicated to promoting independence, dignity and well.being among the elderly and disabled through quality, affordable and culturally.appropriate home and community.based care As a state.authorized Aging Services Access Point (ASAP), Ethos administers the Elder Protective Services and Money Management Programs for the entire city of Boston and also coordinates all the non.institutional home and community.based services for elderly and disabled residents of the southwest Boston neighborhoods of West Roxbury, Hyde Park, Roslindale, Jamaica Plain, and Mattapan. For more information, visit www.ethocare.org.
Ethos Affirms and Supports Diversity
Submit resume and cover letter via mail, fax or email.
Attn: Human Resources Director
555 Amory Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
Click to view this email in a browser
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe
555 Amory St
Boston, Massachusetts 02130
Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy.