Next Tuesday (March 20th) the English/Welsh SIG meets at the AFHS library from 7 p.m. for annother in the series Family History for Busy People and there willMar 16, 2007 1 of 1View Source
Next Tuesday (March 20th) the English/Welsh SIG meets at the AFHS library from 7 p.m. for annother in the series Family History for Busy People and there will be information and material available for the Midlands & Wales (i e. Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Derbyshire, Herefordshire, Huntingdonshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Monmouthshire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Warwickshire, Worcestershire & the Welsh counties).
Some specific material to supplement the holdings of the library will be:
· Index to Welsh wills proved at Chester
· The Tithe War ( North Wales )
· Clwyd FHS journals & publications list
· The Northamptonshire Landscape
· Bygone Northamptonshire
· Tales of Old Northamptonshire
· Like Dew Before the Sun (Life and Language in Northamptonshire)
· The Shepherd's Calendar by the Northants poet John Clare
· Tracing Ancestors in Northamptonshire
· Blaxhall stories of its inhabitants Ask the Fellows who Cut the Hay by G.E. Evans
Plus: Arthur Mee's "The King's England": Bedfordshire & Huntingdonshire; Leicestershire & Rutland; Northamptonshire; Nottinghamshire; Staffordshire and various maps including one for North Wales using Welsh place names.
Computers, fiche readers and expertise will be available to help in the ancestor hunt.
Everyone welcome - as is additional material relating to the area.
Ann Williams (286-4095) SIG Co-ordinator.