Hello / Olá / Hola / etc.,
Welcome / Bem-vind@ / Bienvenid@ / etc. to The Code-Switching
Forum. This is the first, organizational message, just to
confirm that the list exists ;-).
I am glad to inform you that less than 24 hours after my
announcement, there are already 30 signers in the list.
I will post a Call for Self-Presentations ;-) in a couple
of days, when more people join in.
In the meantime, please remember a few things:
1) Replies to messages are distributed directly
to the whole list.
2) You have four subscription options, which you can choose
among in The Code-Switching Forum web page,
-One e-mail per message sent to the list
-One daily e-mail with all messages sent to the list that day
-One daily e-mail with a summary of messages sent that
day (only Sender and Subject)
-No e-mails: Read the messages on the web only
3) The server, eGroups, is a commercial site. Messages
include discrete adds at the end (I don't even know what
they are about). The option exists of eliminating the adds
for a monthly fee of US$ 4.95, but I ain't gonna pay ;-).
4) Please try to use only plain text, not HTML, in your
5) My role is merely technical -- I am what is called
the list "owner", but the list is unmoderated.
eGroups has a protection system against spam messages.
6) The list is open to anyone. Please feel free to
invite people, either directly or from The Code-Switching
Forum web page. To subscribe, send a blank message to:
7) Distribution lists are not perfect. Messages may be
lost occasionally. It is always a good idea to review past
exchanges periodically in the Forum web page.
Thank you, and keep tuned,
Celso Alvarez Cáccamo Tel. +34 981 167000 ext. 1888
Linguística Geral, Faculdade de Filologia FAX +34 981 167151
Universidade da Corunha lxalvarz@...
15071 A Corunha, Galiza (Espanha) http://www.udc.es/dep/lx/cac/