Compiled & written by Dr M Saeed Minhas Dear All, Harassing cell phone calls can be annoying and frightening. Sending you some tips and guidelines howApr 12 1 of 1View Source
Compiled & written by Dr M Saeed Minhas
Harassing cell phone calls can be annoying and frightening. Sending you some tips and guidelines how to handle Harassing calls, file a complaint/ report of Harassing Phone calls. Please THINK SAFE ACT SAFE BE SAFE
Compiled & written by Dr M Saeed Minhas
1. Don’t pick unnamed calls.
2. Pick only recognized numbers or those who first send you message and identify them.
3. If you receive a call from some extortionist, don’t block or switch off phone/ keep it open/ silent mode. (dont offend him, try to know him, his demand, his where abouts)
How to deal with it:
4. Ask him to talk at a later time or suitable time. I can’t hear you; signals are bad etc. at the moment.
5. Don’t reply to the messages.
6. down load soft ware of auto record incoming calls.
7. Write down the points to ask to the caller, do some psychological analysis.
8. Stay calm and don’t make any rash decisions. You aren’t alone and you can get out of this
9. Receive his call on your choice/ timing. Be cool, calm and bold with strong tone not assertive or aggressive but diplomatic.
10. Whatever you do, don’t take the situation into your own hands. Harming others or yourself is never the answer and never will be. Be aware that the job of punishing and stopping crimes is what police are for.
11 Talk to someone. Tell a friend who you are CERTAIN you can trust an understanding family member, or a smart and calm teacher or fellow.
12. Once you have cleared your head, think about what you are going to do. The person you talked to might have already suggested some thing you should do. Talk them into account.
13 Ask his name, about his group leader, from where he is talking from.
we are more educated and taken thousands of histories, we can analyzie many things.
14. Guess his age, tone, ethnicity or mother tongue and approximate qualification by his talk & msg manners.
15. Keep a record of each harassing cell phone call. You should include the time and length of the call as well as the phone number and name of the company and caller (if possible).
16. File a report with the police. Provide the police with the record of harassing phone calls you have received, and provide any other details about the harassing calls.
17. Contact your cell phone provider and request information on the identity of the harassing caller. Be sure to provide the cell phone carrier with your log of harassing calls as well as the police report you filed.
18. Provide the identity of the caller to the police and ask that they conduct an investigation. In most cases you will be able to pursue criminal charges against the caller if you choose to do so.
19. Inform and register a written complaint in CPLC (Citizen Police Liaison Committee) and get
Complain number, they may help in tracing and blocking the call.
20. Register your complain at Police station, get FIR registered and get a copy and read what has been written in (They sometimes modify statements) and check what clause or act are used.
They put 25/ 506 Telegraphic act.
21. Pakistan panel code section 384 apply for extortion.
22. Inform to administration of your organization.
23. Inform your local organization or Association like POA, PMA etc.
What precautions can I take to prevent harassment?
Do not disclose personal information when called by someone you do not know. They might be checking out the residence for possible robbery or other crime. If the caller asks what number they have called, do not give it. Instead, ask them to tell you what number they dialed.
Children should be instructed to never reveal information to unknown callers. Instead, they should be taught to record the caller's name and phone number along with date and time.
Do not include your telephone number on the outgoing message of your voice mail service if you wish to keep your number private. By omitting your phone number from your message, you prevent random dialers and people with Call Return (explained below) from capturing this information.
Best wishes always,
JOIN THE CME YAHOO GROUP
FORWARD THE MESSAGE TO YOUR FRIENDS & COLLEAGUES IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK