Greetings! This is a new workorder from Career Connection.
Posted: Mon Aug 2 2010 at 1:25 pm.
Job Title: Sale Clerk - Upscale newsstand and chocolate shop.
Employer: Fog City News.
Business: Upscale nostalgic newsstand and luxury chocolate shop.
Job Type: Permanent, part-time job. Openings: 1
Pay: $10.50 - $12.00 per hour.
Other comps: to start, based on the strength of the applicant.
Schedule: To be discussed and scheduled - see comments.
Deadline: Until filled or Sun Aug 29 2010.
Duties: Upscale nostalgic newsstand and luxury chocolate shop
seeks a part-time, dynamic sales person who is
enthusiastic, outgoing, and punctual.
Skills: Applicants must have:
* A willingness to learn a variety of tasks and handle
any responsibility offered
* Attention to detail, follow-through and ability to
* A positive, team player attitude with a love for
interacting with people
* Interest and passion for food, especially artisan
* At least 18 years of age
* Eager to learn
* Love working with people
* A desire to help run a small business
* Interest in educating the public about premium
Job Comments: COMMENTS FROM THE EMPLOYER:
This is not another mindless job at a chain store! Fog
City News is a one-of-a-kind, elegantly decorated store
with a close-knit staff which will value your
contributions and input. We'll teach you more than just
the basics: you�ll attend trade shows, visit local
publishing companies, participate in frequent store events
and taste the fancy treats made by chocolatiers from
around the world!
* This is not a seasonal job.
* Students are especially encouraged to apply
We carry more magazines than any other local newsstand or
bookstore (can you say 22 different Vogues?) Stocking 200
bars, we have one of the largest selections of luxury
chocolate in the United States - no kidding!
We also have on hand hundreds of offbeat greeting cards
and one the largest collections of nostalgic glass bottled
soda pop in the city.
Hours are very humane for retail: shifts are 4-8 hours
long between 9am and 7pm Monday-Friday, and you must be
available to work at least one Saturday (11am - 5pm) per
Our employees enjoy:
* Convenient work location by Muni and BART
* Flexible hours which can accommodate your class schedule
* Never being asked to work Sundays or nights
* No messy food service tasks.
* A stimulating environment serving an international
* A fantastic employee discount
* Tasting some of the best chocolate in the world!
We are looking to fill this position immediately. This job
listing will remain open until filled. We regret that we
cannot respond to every applicant.
About this employer:
Fog City News has been voted 'Best Newsstand' and-or 'Best
Chocolate Selection' in the Bay Area for the last 10 years
in a row.
Contact: Address: 455 Market St #125, San Francisco, CA 94612.
Phone: (415) 543-7400
How to Apply: Please contact this employer by email:
Email the employer a resume and cover letter and your
availability. Paste your resume into the body of your
email - no attachments please!) Use "Fog City News" as the
subject line of your email.
*** In your cover letter please tell us what you like
about retail work or (if you don't have prior retail
experience) what you think you might like about it, and
your favorite chocolate bar (and why). ***
ALWAYS let the employer know that you learned about
this opening on CCSF Career Connection, and if you are or
were a CCSF student.
If you are in or have completed a CCSF program, please
also tell this to the employer.
* Explain why you would be good at the job or internship.
* Check accuracy, spelling and punctuation on all letters
* Keep all appointments you make with employers.
Remember: It helps to mention the CCSF Career Connection!
Service Representative: Linda A. Harwood career@...
Programming & Sys Admin: Ulf Wostner uwostner@... http://wiz.ccsf.edu/~uwostner
View all joblistings: http://career.ccsf.edu/jobs
Update subscription: http://career.ccsf.edu/subscribe
Career Calendar: http://career.ccsf.edu/calendar
End of work order 17672**.