----- Forwarded Message ---- From: Ellie Rossiter To: parents for public schools Sent: Fri, September 30, 2011 1:24:22 PM Subject: [pps_sf] YES on A -- please pass along
Hi Everyone, Proposition A is a critical measure that will provide $530 million to fix and repair over 50 of our school facilities. I’m reaching out to you because your child’s school is one of the schools that will receive upgrades if this proposition passes in November, and we need your help to ensure that happens. Our get-out-the-vote efforts these next few weeks are critical for turning out all of our Yes on A voters. Here’s how you can get involved: 1. Pass out house signs from your car (campaigning isn’t allowed on school grounds, but if you have signs in your car you can give them to other parents during pickup and drop off) i. Pick up house signs at Parents for Public Schools (18th @ Valencia) ii. Available in three languages
2. Email this messageto your list serve (you are allowed to campaign on your school’s PTA list serve and newsletters)
3. Rally a group of parents from your school to walk some precincts (and get some exercise!) or attend a phone bank on any Wednesday night this month i. Visit http://www.repairsfschools.org/getinvolved or email repairsfschools@... for more details on outreach efforts
4. Tell all your non-public school friends and family to VOTE YES ON A
5. Go to repairsfschools.org to sign up or get more information
6. Vote early– sign up for an absentee ballot or go to City Hall and cast your ballot early – more information can be found at http://www.sfgov2.org/index.aspx?page=871
*All other school in SFUSD have received repairs through previous bond measures. Please make sure this one passes so that all the schools and the kids are safe!
Thanks for supporting our schools!
Ellie Ellie Rossiter, Executive Director Parents for Public Schools-SF ellie@...
3543 18th Street, #1 San Francisco, CA 94110 415 861-7077 www.ppssf.org Are you part of the PPS Network? Join us! Go to ppssf.org
VOTE YES ON A!
Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.
Changes have not been saved
Press OK to abandon changes or Cancel to continue editing
Your browser is not supported
Kindly note that Groups does not support 7.0 or earlier versions of Internet Explorer.
We recommend upgrading to the latest Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Firefox. If you are using IE 9 or later, make sure you turn off Compatibility View.