January 24, 2006: IA Summit 2006: Registration and other details
The seventh (SEVENTH!!!) ASIS&T Information Architecture Summit  is
coming up: Vancouver, BC; March 23-27. As always, a great mix of content,
people, value, and location, especially in this case. Registration is now
open; conference details follow:
IA Summit 2006 -- "Learning, Doing, Selling"
Vancouver, BC, Canada, March 23-27, 2006
The program is up and registration is open at
Opening plenary: Dr. David Weinberger, author of Small Pieces Loosely Joined
and co-author of The Cluetrain Manifesto, as this year's keynote speaker.
Closing Plenary: Peter Merholz, a regular speaker at Web design and
information architecture conferences, including the IA Summit, South by
Southwest (SXSW), and the UI Conference. He is also writer whose work has
appeared in several industry publications, including Digital Web magazine
and Boxes and Arrows. Peter is an active member of the American Society of
Information Science and Technology and ACM's SIG-CHI. And, of course, is
IAI's current President.
And 54 additional superb sessions in between, ranging from practice to
Pre Conference Sessions:
Thursday, March 23
- "My Surgeon is a Butcher" - Frames and Conceptual Blending for IAs (1/2
day, Thursday morning). Sarah A. Rice, Claiborne Rice
- Writing Business Requirements for Information Architects (1/2 day,
Thursday morning). Karyn Zuidinga, Sinisa Nojkovic
- Interaction Design (IxD) Symposium (Full day Thursday). David Heller,
Lada Gorlenko, Luke Wroblewski, Lisa deBettencourt
- Enhancing the Strategic Influence of IAs: Understanding and Responding to
Complex Business Problems (Full day Thursday). Jared M. Spool
- An Introduction to Rapid Design Labs; a Fast, Collaborative Approach to
Information Architecture and Interface Design (1/2 day Thursday afternoon).
Friday, March 24
- From Research to Design: A Hands-On How-To (1/2 day Friday morning).
- Strategic Intranet Planning (1/2 day Friday morning). James Robertson
- Next Horizons for Information Architecture (IA Institute) (Full day
Friday). Dan Brown, Harry Max, Peter Merholz
- Crafting Understanding-based Structures: Creating Usable Content (Full
day Friday). Thom Haller
- Creating Conceptual Comics: Storytelling and Techniques (Full day
Friday). Kevin Cheng, Jane Jao, Mark Wehner
- Information Architecture & Findability (Full day Friday). Peter Morville
- Paper Prototyping 2 (1/2 day Friday afternoon). Todd Warfel
- Introduction to Information Architecture (1/2 day Friday afternoon).
BLOUG PERMALINK & COMMENTS