Another awesome Test Call, just in time for the upcoming winter back-country season!
Please consider my application to test Hillsound Armadillo Gaiter.
1. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org
By-Laws (v. 0609) particularly Chapters 4, 5 and 6 and I agree to abide
by all rules and meet or exceed all requirements. My signed Tester
Agreement is on file.
2. Tester information and bio:
· Mark Thompson
· 6’0” (1.8 m)
· 190 lb (86.2 kg)
· markthompson242 AT gmail dot com
· Parker, Colorado, USA
-At home in the Rockies, my near term goals
include climbing the Colorado
14'ers (30 down, 24 to go), increasing my climbing skill level
(presently 5.7) and preparing for some high altitude climbs. I am
leading as many back-country trips as possible, primarily through the
Colorado Mountain Club.
Test plan: I have several overnight trips planned
in the coming months. My typical weekend of “peak bagging” includes:
into high campCamp overnightAwake early, climb, summit, descend and pack outI
plan to test the gaiters on my many upcoming winter back-country trips. This winter is expected to be one with lots of snow and provide for a great arena to test these gaiters! I am hopeful that the "armadillo skin" will better endure the errant stabs with my crampons than previous items I have used!
4. I have 3 tests currently in process:
- Nemo Obi 2P Tent - FR due 04 Dec 2012
- GSI Glacier Tea Kettle - FR due 8 Jan 2013
- Bridgford Jerky - LTR due 26 Feb 2013
link to my test status:
5. I have written 1 OR in the past 12 months.
6. I have one other test application outstanding: Coldpruf Eco-Terra Base Layer
7. I am not filling any additional BGT roles
Thank you for considering my application.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]