Kitka is seeking a part-time Directors' Assistant/Office Manager. This is an ideal position for someone embarking on a career in non-profit arts management.
* Answering phones, managing incoming and outgoing e-mail and postal mail
* Maintaining office files and archives
* Handling bank deposits, A/P and A/R in Quickbooks
* Maintaining and generating reports from Filemaker Pro contact database
* Maintaining ensemble master calendar
* Maintaining office equipment and systems
* Monitoring office supplies and CD inventory
* Upgrading and updating website
* Processing concert ticket, CD, and publication orders; workshop registrations and donations
* Servicing retail and wholesale CD accounts
* Serving as liaison with guest artists, concert presenters, and Board members
* Assisting with concert/tour booking and management
* Researching funders, assisting with grant writing and reporting
* Assisting with concert and recording production
* Recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers
* Running errands as needed
* Supporting Kitka's executive director, music director, and singers in special marketing, community outreach, development, event production, and artistic program projects as needed
* Documenting administrative procedures
* Occasional evening and/or weekend work staffing local concerts and events required
* Excellent Macintosh computer skills (comfortable working with/ability to quickly learn Filemaker Pro, Quickbooks, Excel, Word, and various email, graphics, and web design programs)
* Energetic, upbeat and flexible personality
* Ability to learn quickly
* Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to think creatively and analytically to solve problems
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively
* Strong time-management skills (ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks that vary from day to day)
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to understand "the bigger picture"
* Past experience in a non-profit /office work environment
* Grace and/or a sense of humor under pressure
* Passion for the arts
* Bachelor's degree, experience with graphic design and website generation, and knowledge of world, folk, or concert music a plus.
Hours and compensation:
This position will start at 12/hours per week at $15/hour, with the possibility of expanded hours and increased salary based on performance and available budget.
How to apply: Please email a resume with cover letter and three professional references via email with the subject line: YOUR NAME: Directors' Assistant/Office Manager Application To Kitka@... (Please, no phone inquiries)
Application Deadline: April 1, 2012 or until filled
Kitka Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Kitka is an Oakland, CA-based American women's vocal arts ensemble inspired by traditional songs and vocal techniques from Eastern Europe. Dedicated to developing new audiences for-and public participation in-music rooted in Balkan, Slavic, and Caucasian women's vocal traditions, Kitka also strives to expand the boundaries of folk song as a living and evolving expressive art form. Kitka's activities include an Oakland-based home series of concerts and vocal workshops; regional, national, and international touring; programs in the schools; recording, publication, and broadcast projects; master artist residencies; commissioning; community service work; and adventuresome collaborations.