From the THFG Nominating Committee: Hello everyone, As our meeting in Denver draws near, please consider the opportunities for service within the ATHE TheatreMessage 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2008View Source
From the THFG Nominating Committee:
As our meeting in Denver draws near, please consider the opportunities for service within the ATHE Theatre History Focus Group outlined below (and attached as an MS Word document).
Safe travel to Colorado and all the best,
ATHE THFG Nominating Committee
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SERVICE
The Theatre History Focus Group (THFG) promotes the study of theatre history within universities and colleges. Our goals include encouraging and inspiring scholarly exchange and production; cultivating the lively discussion of ideas pertaining to the discipline of theatre history; providing opportunities for members to communicate results of their research to one another and the larger theatre community; and fostering dialogues with other areas of study.
The THFG seeks volunteers to assist in its leadership and planning. Please review the open positions below and direct any questions to current THFG Chair Terry Brino-Dean at brinodean@.... Elections will take place at the 2008 ATHE Conference in Denver during the THFG Membership Meeting at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 3. Please note that candidates are NOT required to attend the meeting, or even the conference, if such attendance is not possible.
• THFG Representative-elect: attends meetings in the absence of the Focus Group Representative and supports the work of the Focus Group Representative in year round concerns of the THFG. At conclusion of this year, the focus Group Representative-Elect will succeed the Focus Group Representative and serve a two-year term of office.
• Treasurer: assists with the leadership of the focus group, may apply for grants with ATHE.
• Secretary: takes minutes at meetings, publishes and distributes the focus group's newsletter, contributes and/or edits articles to the ATHE newsletter, maintains an updated mailing list of the membership, corresponds with newly-designated members, records attendance at Theatre History panels at the ATHE annual conference. One-year position.
• Graduate Student Rep: assists with the leadership of the focus group, acts as a liaison with graduate students, helps recruit graduate students for the focus group.
• Nominating Committee: present a slate of candidates for election at the annual meeting, at least two people for each position (four for the nominating committee)
To self-nominate, please write out the following in paragraph form (as is applicable to you):
➢ Your current position and school (ex: Assistant Professor at Southern University. Students, tell us where you are and what you are studying)
➢ your educational background (where you received your degrees and the focus of your programs)
➢ your research interests
➢ presentations, articles, and/or books
➢ involvement in ATHE
➢ involvement in other theatre organizations
➢ anything else you think might be relevant to your candidacy
Do not worry if you have not done some of these things! This is how you get started.
Please indicate your interest by sending your material as a MS Word attachment to the THFG nominating committee at virginia.anderson@..., sburch@..., and eileencurley@..., ideally by Saturday, July 26, 2008. While nominations will be taken from the floor, advance nominations greatly facilitate the election process. We also encourage you to nominate others by contacting the nominating committee with their email addresses; we will be happy to contact them.